Speed of internationalization and entrepreneurial cognition: Insights and a comparison between international new ventures, exporters and domestic firms
- Creating a Performance Management System. Schneier, Craig Eric; Beatty, Richard W.; Baird, Lloyd S. // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p74
Part II. Reveals why a comprehensive performance management system is more than just an employee performance appraisal. Sample of managerial competencies; Communication of performance expectations; Provision of performance feedback.
- The 5 Most Difficult Management Challenges... TACKLED! McCrea, Bridget // Precast Inc.;Jul/Aug2015, p22
The article focuses on certain difficult aspects of management which can be implemented successfully by managers including delegating work to subordinates, communicating negative information to employees, hiring new employees to meet market competition, and maintaining timeliness of work.
- 4 ways to build your people skills. // Executive Leadership;Jul2014, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p5
The article presents a discussion of effective communication techniques between leaders and members, adapted from the article "Potent Communication: 9 Easy People Skills Tips To Use Immediately" by Kate Nasser.
- Soft Skills, Hard Numbers. de Lisser, Peter // Executive Excellence;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the development of soft skills among executives. Need for clear agenda during corporate meeting; Reduction of soft skills; Inventory of communication channels.
- Editorial. Galgóczi, Béla; Allen, Calvin // South East Europe Review (SEER);2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the economies of western Balkans, the European Union's role in the maintenance of international peace and security, and the leadership of managers in Bulgarian business services sector.
- Follow the Leader. Kalman, Frank // Chief Learning Officer;Feb2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses executive abilities that are needed for success in a globalized business environment. Corporate executives who have both soft skills and leadership ability are better able to recognize an employee's potential as a leader and train employees to lead. Topics include strategic...
- Getting 60 Minutes of Results from Every Hour. Gibbons, Charles C. // Management Review;Oct70, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p4
Provides executives advice on time management. Helpful traits in wisely using time; Negative traits; Planning and setting objectives; Deciding what to work on; Tips on scheduling; Benefits of delegating authority and mastery of communication, paperwork, meetings and committees.
- Executive Leadership Gets Failing Grade. McCafferty, Dennis // CIO Insight;6/2/2014, p1
The article reviews the Ketchum Leadership Communication Monitor report from public relations firm Ketchum which reveals that consumers feel corporate senior officers are falling short on communication, trustworthiness and other leadership qualities. Topics discussed include the recommendation...
- Do Great Leaders Need Experience? Phillips, Phil // Coatings World;Aug2014, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p20
The article offers information on the important elements of an effective business leader. Topics include a leader's need to be proactive, the importance of being flexible and adaptable, and his need to be a good communicator. It also talks about the other essential qualities of a business leader...