The LOV domain: a chromophore module servicing multiple photoreceptors
- Cryptochromes Define a Novel Circadian Clock Mechanism in Monarch Butterflies That May Underlie Sun Compass Navigation. Haisun Zhu; Sauman, Ivo; Quan Yuan; Casselman, Amy; Emery-Le, Myai; Emery, Patrick; Reppert, Steven M // PLoS Biology;
An ancestral circadian clock mechanism is defined in monarch butterflies, in which two CRYPTOCHROME proteins function as critical components. The proteins may also function as output molecules that connect the clock to the sun compass for successful navigation.
- Brucella Prosthetic Joint Infection: A Report of 3 Cases and a Review of the Literature. Weil, Y.; Mattan, Y.; Liebergall, M.; Rahav, G. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, pe81
We report 3 cases of Brucella melitensis infection of prosthetic hips and knees, and we summarize data about 4 cases reported in the literature. Six of the 7 affected patients were men. The median duration from prosthesis implantation to the onset of symptoms was 38.7 months. Five patients had...
- Brucella melitensis Hepatitis: The Absence of Granulomas. Young, Edward J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep79, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p414
Presents information on a study which evaluated the different histologic picture that characterizes hepatic involvement in infection due to Brucella melitensis. Major histologic finding in the liver of animals and humans infected with Brucella abortus; Basic differences in the pathogenesis of...
- Erratum to: Sustained and differential antibody responses to virulence proteins of Brucella melitensis during acute and chronic infections in human brucellosis. Xu, J.; Qiu, Y.; Cui, M.; Ke, Y.; Zhen, Q.; Yuan, X.; Yu, Y.; Du, X.; Yuan, J.; Song, H.; Wang, Z.; Gao, G.; Yu, S.; Wang, Y.; Huang, L.; Chen, Z. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Mar2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p449
A correction to the article "Sustained and differential antibody responses to virulence proteins of Brucella melitensis during acute and chronic infections in human brucellosis" that was published online in December 8, 2012 is presented.
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura Associated with Brucellosis: Report of 2 Cases and Literature Review. Young, Edward J.; Tarry, Ann; Genta, Robert M.; Ayden, Neslihan; Gotuzzo, Eduardo // Clinical Infectious Diseases;10/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p904
Describes patients infected with Brucella melitensis who had bleeding consistent with immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Review of cases of brucellosis complicated by thrombocytopenic purpura; Occurrence of mild hematologic abnormalities in the course of human brucellosis; Possible mechanisms...
- Brucellosis as a cause of acute febrile illness in Egypt. Jennings, Gregory J.; Hajjeh, Rana A.; Girgis, Fouad Y.; Fadeel, Moustafa A.; Maksoud, Mohamed A.; Wasfy, Momtaz O.; Sayed, Nasr El; Srikantiah, Padmini; Luby, Stephen P.; Earhart, Kenneth; Mahoney, Francis J. // Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene;Jul2007, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p707
Summary: To develop better estimates of brucellosis incidence, we conducted population-based surveillance for acute febrile illness (AFI) in Fayoum governorate (population 2347249), Egypt during two summer periods (2002 and 2003). All hospitals and a representative sample of community healthcare...
- DIAGNOSIS OF BRUCELLA MELITENSIS INFECTION BY PERCUTANEOUS NEEDLE BIOPSY OF THE LIVER. Fogel, Richard; Lewis, Sanford // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul60, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p204
Discusses the diagnosis of acute Brucella melitensis infection through percutaneous needle biopsy of the liver, citing the case of a 25-year-old Negro male butcher. Specific isolation of Brucella melitensis; Details of the case report.
- Correction: Functional EF-Hands in Neuronal Calcium Sensor GCAP2 Determine Its Phosphorylation State and Subcellular Distribution In Vivo, and Are Essential for Photoreceptor Cell Integrity. // PLoS Genetics;Oct2014, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
A correction to the article "Functional EF-Hands in Neuronal Calcium Sensor GCAP2 Determine Its Phosphorylation State and Subcellular Distribution In Vivo, and Are Essential for Photoreceptor Cell Integrity," in a previous issue is presented.
- False-positivity in diagnosis of brucellosis associated with Rev-1 vaccine. Gunes, Hayati; Dogan, Mustafa // Libyan Journal of Medicine;2013, Vol. 8, p1
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the zoonotic disease brucellosis caused by Brucella spp., wherein it is said that brucellosis is a serious public health problem in Asia, Latin, America, and Mediterranean Sea.