THROUGH THE WIRE
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;2/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p16
The article offers updates on cable television industry-related issues in the U.S. including the closed deal of the joint venture of NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast Corp., the appointment of Robert Mills as chief financial officer (CFO) at Knology Inc., and the long-term agreement between Time...
- What's Coming Up In Cable Technology. // Multichannel News;8/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p42
The author reflects on the significant developments in the cable television sector citing the move of the multiple system operator (MSO) to develop new businesses apart from home security in the U.S.
- Cable Gets an Early Jump. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p8
The article discusses the strong performance of cable in 2007 in the U.S. Basic cable is cited to have entered the third quarter with momentum from its strong performance from April through June. A Turner Research analysis of Nielsen Media Research data notes that cable's share of primetime...
- Movies on Demand: Breaking Through. // Multichannel News;10/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p51
The article reports on the development in the integrated marketing campaign of cable companies in the U.S. that promote Movies on Demand (MOD) category to its subscribers.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/4/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p16
A calendar of events related to the U.S. cable television industry for the period between August 3 to September 30, 2014 is presented including the CableLabs Summer Conference, the Next TV Summit San Francisco, and the Women In Cable Telecommunications Leadership Conference.
- Walk Less, See More at INTX. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/30/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the annual convention of the cable industry "INTX: The Internet & Television Exposition" to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from May 5-7, 2015.
- Cutting Weak Cable Channels A Long Shot. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;10/1/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 38, p44
The article reports on the complaint of the multichannel distributors regarding the rising subscriber fees for cable channels in the U.S. It states that programmers are having a hard time in paying all of the additional original shows that can draw ratings due to the increasing retransmission...
- Our Election Day Vote. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p26
The author reflects on the significance of the election day on the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. He discusses the need for news division to prepare for the election day because it will create a big impact in the industry. He also comments that news anchors should not be selfish in...
- Sagansky: TV's 'Underlying Dynamics Not Pretty'. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 33, p16
The article reports on the problems faced by U.S. TV broadcast and cable companies, particularly on declining revenues that affect increases in subscriber fees, as discussed by Global Eagle Entertainment founders Jeff Sagansky and Harry Sloan in the 2014 NextTV Summit in San Francisco, California.