Intel Decides to Open Up to OpenCable
- DICK GREEN. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;04/25/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p10
Profiles Dick Green, president and chief executive of CableLabs. Personal and career backgrounds of Green; Award recipient of the 2001 Technology Leadership Awards; View of Green on the effect of cable modems on people.
- CABLELABS ADOPTS IPDR STREAMING PROTOCOL INTO OCAP SET-TOP B. // Computer Protocols;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on a decision by Cable Television Laboratories, CableLabs, the research and development consortium of the cable industry, to adopt the technologies of the Internet Protocol Detail Record Organization (IPDR.org) into its OpenCable Application Platform Version 1.1 initiative....
- CableLabs' Green looks for industry synergy. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p36
Presents an interview with Dick Green, chief executive officer of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. in the United States. Role of the company in the transition to interactive television (TV) from standard TV; Contribution of the cable industry in TV broadcasting; Relationship with advertisers.
- Dick Green's Shoes Proving Hard to Fill. // Multichannel News;5/4/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the difficulty encountered by the management team of cable-technology consortium CableLabs in finding replacement for the executive position of Dick Green in the U.S. It states that Green would leave his position when his contract expires in December 2009. It cites a...
- The Human Equation. Green, Dick // Multichannel News;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p39
The author shares the achievements of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. also known as CableLabs since it started its operation in 1988 in the U.S. He mentions that the first two areas of technology adopted for Cable Labs were high-definition television (TV) and fiber. He also notes on a joint...
- BRIEFS. // InfoWorld;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p18
Presents news briefs about the information technology industry in the United States. Completion of the specification for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 2.0 from CableLabs; Cost of Oracle's 11i applications; Promotion of Paul Otellini to president and chief operating officer of...
- CableLabs is in the middle of it all. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p12
Reports on sixteen respondents to Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s offer to participate in the delivery of set-top boxes and integrated TV sets. Standard application interface for middleware enabling the operating systems for the devices to work with the cable operators' proprietary...
- CableLabs form new standard. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p16
Reports on interoperable digital cable systems specifications for North America agreed upon by CableLabs and its members. Transportation of digital video and data over cable networks; Requirements; Downstream digital modulation; Compatibility with Advanced Television Systems Committee standard...
- CableLabs moves on OCAP. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the success of CableLabs' second Open Cable Application Platform in the U.S. in July 2002.