History Pounds the Pavement
- History Channel wraps Acela. // Trains;Feb2008, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p15
The article reports that the History Channel used an Acela trainset to advertise its "1968 with Tom Brokaw" two-hour special. A wrap was applied to all locomotives and cars in the train, featuring icons from the year 1968, it was to run until December 9, 2007 On Thanksgiving Day.
- THE SCREENGRAB. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the promotion of the new season of the television program "Swamp People," wherein History Channel will convert a space at the Chelsea Market in New York City into a swamp where people can have a "Swamp in the City" experience until February 12, 2012.
- NEW CABLE SERIES BRAVES THE ICE ROADS. // Overdrive;Jun2007, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p12
The article presents the History Channel documentary series entitled "Ice Road Truckers." The documentary series will feature the two months nerve-racing hauls of six long-haulers at the frozen Canadian lakes which cannot bear rigs' weight. It will be aired on June 17, 2007. Other details of the...
- ICE ROAD TRUCKERS. Chi, Paul // People;7/16/2007, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p40
An interview with trucker T. J. Tilcox is presented. Tilcox appears in the History Channel's television series "Ice Road Truckers" and talks about the scariest moment that he had to drive an 18-wheeler over a frozen lake and about using duct tape to insulate the cab of his truck. While driving...
- Like danger dudes? This Beers' for you. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;6/3/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 41, pA4
The article features History Channel's reality television series "Ice Road Truckers." According to the article, Thom Beers is credited for the show's success and its nomination for nonfiction series award in 2008. The program's season one has given History Channel its best primetime ratings,...
- 'Truckers' in luck at cabler. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/19/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 55, p28
The article reviews the television program "Ice Road Truckers," produced by Dolores Gavin for History Channel.
- King OF THE ice road. Magner, Carolyn // Overdrive;Sep2012, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p26
The article offers information on Alex Debogorski, host of History Channel's sixth season of "Ice Road Truckers." As mentioned, Debogorski's funny,brash personality adds a warm glow to the television show's frigid setting and continues to pave new avenues of opportunity. It also adds that in die...
- Olympics trigger early start to fall promo push. Levin, Gary // Variety;6/24/96, Vol. 363 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the promotional entertainment itinerary of television stations for the 1996 fall season. Impact of Olympics and high profile sports events; Use of pilot chips to introduce cast members and key relationships in series programs; Mechanics of day-and-date promotions; Concept advertising...
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.