Whetting VOD Appetites
- Cablers face coin crisis. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the coin crisis faced by some of Latin America's best known United States-based cablers. Effects of channel proliferation; Information on Latino pay television market; Decline in the per-subscribers license fees; Cost cutting of MTV Latin America.
- Pay cablers look inhouse for pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/3/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 3, p21
The article explains that subscription cable companies like Home Box Office (HBO) and Starz are starting to produce their own films. Through this venture, the companies are hoping to increase membership. They will release a film in theaters and then air the film on their television station,...
- Mediacom's Pitch: Free Basic 'Til 6/12. // Multichannel News;2/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Mediacom Communications Corp. had offered free cable services to its non-subscribers in its service areas in February 2009 which will last until June 12, 2009. It notes that the cable operator requires no gear and installation charge and that they had set up a toll-free...
- AmericanLife Launches VOD Offering. // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p26
The article reports that the AmericanLife TV Network has offered video-on-demand programming to any of TVN Entertainment Corp. cable affiliates. Programs fall into this service are classified into Classic TV, Caring and Sharing TV, Cooking and Living TV, Cooking and Living TV, and Lifestyle TV....
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p34
The article offers marketing-related updates within the cable industry as of February 2006. The promotion that will be offered by TV Guide Channel is described. The support of TVN Entertainment Corp. to the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's advertising video is reported. The...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Cox, TVN In Barker Deal. Haugstead, Linda // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that digital cable television provider Cox Communications Inc. has signed a contract with the leading television on demand company TVN Entertainment Corp. for a customized vide-on-demand (VOD) barker channel that will be distributed across Cox's cable systems. With the new...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.