JUST THE FACTS
- HDTV Sales Hit A Monthly High. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p14
Reports the sales success of high definition television (HDTV) recorded by the Consumer Electronics Association in Arlington, Virginia. Total account of the sold unit's wholesale revenue; Prediction for the consumer dollar investment in HDTV; Growth in sales of HDTV sets.
- CEA Hosts HDTV Update Seminars In Key Markets. Loder, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/2/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p6
Reports the move of the Consumer Electronics Association to hold high definition television update meetings in five markets in Arlington, Virginia. Purpose of the meetings; Identification of the five markets; Topics covered in the meeting.
- HI-DEF NOMENCLATURE. // Popular Photography;Jan2013, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p20
The article cites the decree by the Consumer Electronics Association's Board of Industry Leaders that the next generation of 4K high-definition displays will be called Ultra High-Definition (HD).
- CEA wants to standardize definition of HD sets. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the United States-based Consumer Electronics Association revised its definition of high definition television (HDTV) on December 16, 1999. Provisions of the organization's HDTV standards; Implications for television equipment vendors.
- CONSUMERS GET 'HIGH' ANXIETY. // Multichannel News;11/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p9
The article discusses the increasing demand for high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. According to a Consumer Electronics Association study, many people are buying HDTVs to enhance their movie and gaming experiences. These people are also considering the appliance's worth as emphasized...
- CE Industry Needs One Voice To Deflect Added Regulation. Shapiro, Gary // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/8/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p100
The article emphasizes the need for the consumer electronics industry to support the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) in a joint effort to educate consumers about certain issues that include hearing loss prevention, digital and high-definition television, the V-chip and home recording...
- CEA: Super Bowl Stills Sells HDTVs. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has predicted 2009 to be another record-breaking year for high-definition television (HDTV) sales, with 29.8 million HD sets expected to ship, out of total 34.5 million digital televisions sold in the U.S. in 2009. The...
- Ultra HD 4K Offerings Highlight CE Week. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/8/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p42
The article presents information on the recent CE Week Line Shows event sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). It is stated that Ultra High-Definition TV was the hot topic at the event. Several manufacturers including Sharp, Westinghouse Digital LLC and Toshiba KK made key new...
- CEA Expands Ultra HD TV Terminology. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/7/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has issued a set of characteristics focused on the use of ultra high definition (UHD) displays by the television manufacturers.