DirecTV, Lifetime Settle Up
- Paramount sues WSVN. Spring, Greg; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p2
Reports that Paramount Domestic Television has filed a breach of contract lawsuit against WSVN-TV in Miami, Florida, for failing to air Paramount's syndicated `Hard Copy.' Countersuit of WSVN against Paramount; Changes to `Hard Copy.'
- Czech panel to review TV3. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;11/6/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 59, p11
Reports the administrative proceeding action of Czech Broadcasting Council to review the alleged piracy issue of broadcaster TV3 in Prague.
- Time Warner sues over ONN dispute. Moss // Multichannel News;11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the suit filed by Time Warner Communications Inc. against WBNS television station to prevent it from pulling its signal in Columbus, Ohio. Time Warner's claim that WBNS failed to provide it with 60 days' written notice that it was terminating its retransmission-consent contract with...
- It keeps on going. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p63
Reports on the inability to settle a license renewal challenge against NBC's WRC-TV Washington for $310,000 because of 1990 comparative renewal reforms that limit settlement payments to out-of-pocket expenses and until after the Federal Communications Commission renders its final decision. ...
- Notepad. // Quill;Apr95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p12
Reports on lawsuits filed against television stations in the United States as of April 1995. News subject's lawsuit against anchor Barbara Callahan and WTOG-TV for exposing plaintiff's face and full breasts on television; KSTP-TV's appeal of a ruling that says a couple could sue the station for...
- KEYT wins intern suit. // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the lawsuit won by KEYT-TV filed by a former intern seeking payment in addition to the college credits he received for his work at the station.
- CBS radio says no to Fox TV ad. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p2
Focuses on the allegations of exploitation against the CBS company by KTVU-Television company. Circumstances surrounding allegations; Concerns of federal regulators; Comments from Steve Poitras, marketing director at KTVU-TV.
- Embattled TF1 endures two bribery probes. Farrell, Pia // Hollywood Reporter;
Reports on two investigations conducted on Paris, France-based network TF1. Suspended sentence received by star newsman Patrick Poivre D'Arvor for receiving gifts from the former mayor of Lyons; Investigation of allegations of TF1's bribery of lottery officials to obtain television rights to...
- KTRK-TV appealing libel judgment. // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p29
Reports on KTRK-TV's plans to appeal a libel verdict which was brought against it. Reference to a report which the station made about a candidate who was running for mayor.