SoapNet Aims Younger
- SoapNet Awash in April Emmy Stunts. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the coverage of the Daytime Emmy Awards by SoapNet cable television network in April 2006. Overview of the television shows related to the awards shown and will be shown on the network; Premiere of the "Young and the Restless," whose rights were acquired from Sony Pictures...
- SOAPnet. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC76
The article focuses on the cable television network SOAPnet. The network's programming is primarily reruns of daytime soap opera programs and serial prime time television programs. It will debut a reality television program featuring the wives of professional hockey players in the 2008-2009 season.
- A Passion for Sudsy Story Lines. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, special section pS1
Discusses the factors that contributed to the success of SoapNet that was launched by Disney ABC Cable Networks in 2000. Advantages of the viewer's devotion to dramatic television programs to the network; Comparison of share in primetime programming between SoapNet and Lifetime; Sponsors of the...
- Edgeville, U.S.A. // Time;3/17/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p56
The article reviews the television program "The Edge of Night," on CBS.
- 'Young' grows old at the top. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;3/7/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 44, p5
The article reports that the television soap opera, "The Young and the Restless," has won the ratings for the 1,000th consecutive week. Nielsen statistics for the week of February 25-29, 2008, showed that the CBS television show had averaged a 4.2 household rating/18 share, which translates to...
- Pan-African net plans to slice up NBC's 'Passions.'. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/14/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 34, p8
Highlights a deal that will allow the soon-to-be-launched African Broadcast Network (ABN) to cut the hour soap 'Passions' into half-hour episodes. Lead-in for an initial one-hour block of ABN programming; Part of an effort to launch the pan-African television network.
- NBC Plays the 'Kings'-maker. Adalian, Josef // Television Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the trickle-down marketing campaign by National Broadcasting Company (NBC) executives on behalf of its new political soap opera, which premieres March 15, 2009. NBC hopes to attract viewers of all kinds to the retelling of the King David tale that imagines a modern-day...
- Eye patches top soaps to Web for free. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;6/26/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 60, p5
A list of the three top rated television serials from Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) Television Network in New York is presented. It includes "The Price is Right" which is available for free streaming via CBS.com and the CBS Audience Networks, "As the World Turns," and "The Young and the...
- CBS. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;8/29/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 40, pA6
The article rates the popularity of the CBS television network and presents the changes introduced in the network's scheduling. It has four new series to schedule and revamped the existing network programming. CBS is behind Fox and ABC in its popularity and is contemplating big risks. The new...