John, Timothy Rigas Go to Jail Aug. 13
- Rigases' Appeal Denied. Farrell, Mike; Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the failure of John and Timothy Rigas, former-founders and executives of Adelphia Communications, to win their ultimate appeal on their fraud convictions in the Supreme Court in the U.S.
- 15 years for elder Rigas. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports that John Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp., was sentenced to a 15-year prison term for corporate fraud in the U.S. Claim of Rigas that he was only trying to make life better for his family and their company; Prison sentence imposed on his son, Timothy Rigas, for his role...
- Adelphia: John, Timothy Rigas out; two grand juries probing. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/21/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 28, p64
Reports on the resignation of John Rigas and Timothy Rigas as chairman and chief financial officer respectively of Adelphia Communications Corp. in New York. Implication of the issue on the company; Percentage of share owned by the Rigas family; Indictment of members of the Rigas family.
- Attorney says expect Rigas to file some sort of appeal. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;6/23/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 50, p1
Reprints an article on the case of Adelphia Communications Corp. executive John Rigas and son Timothy, who were both convicted of conspiracy, bank fraud and securities fraud charges, which appeared in the online edition of the periodical "Business First." Length of prison sentence imposed on...
- Rigases fight second trial in US appeals court. Dale, Maryclaire // Buffalo Law Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. Justice Department to pursue a second fraud trial for the founder of Adelphia Communications Corp., John Rigas and his son Timothy Rigas.
- REPRIEVE FOR RIGAS. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p5
Reports that a deadlocked jury could not decide whether to convict former Adelphia Communications Corp. chief operating officer Michael Rigas on fraud charges in connection with the collapse of the company in the U.S. Conviction of founder John Rigas and son Timothy of concocting a plot to...
- RIGAS DEBT WRANGLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the move of Adelphia Communications Corp. to demand payment of the debt incurred by its founder John Rigas and son Timothy Rigas through court order in the U.S. Total amount of the debt; Motives behind the company's move; Impact of the legal dispute on the company's plan to emerge...
- Judge OKs Retrial Of Mike Rigas. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p8
Presents information on the dismissal of the federal charges against Michael Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp.; in November 2004. Violation of Rigas; Objection by the lawyers of Rigas to a retrial; Schedule for the sentencing of John and Timoth Rigas.
- Where the Rigases Might Spend Time. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p32
Provides information on several correctional institutions where John and Timothy Rigas, former executives of Adelphia Communications Corp., will spend time while waiting for their appeal for conviction on fraud and conspiracy charges. McKean County Federal Correctional Institution in Bradford,...