No Damper on the Upfront: Nets See Double-Digit Gains
- WB Back in Charge. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;1/23/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
This article reports that WB network will take back selling duties for the station's Kids WB! Saturday programming block from affiliate Cartoon Network as of January 2006. For the past three years, Cartoon Network handled much of the sales effort for Kids WB! programming. While the sales teams...
- M6 numbers rocket on lift from ads, theme channels. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;07/18/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 47, p105
Announces an increase in the revenue of France's second-largest commercial network, M6, for the first half of the year 2000. Advertising revenue of the company for the same period; Health of France's free commercial networks.
- M6 half-year profits up 44.5%. James, Alison // Daily Variety;09/22/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the increase in the net profits posted by French private television network M6 for the first half of 2000.
- Strong TV market begins to cool. // B&T Weekly;4/22/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2515, special section p6
Reports on the financial performance of the television advertising industry in New Zealand. Percentage of increase in revenue turnover; Competition for the market share and advertising dollars in three television networks; Strategies used by television networks to increase revenue. INSETS: Sky...
- Extreme escapism. // Televisual;Oct2004, p122
Presents an interview with Gareth Rees, business director of Welsh independent Boomerang. Number of hours allocated in watching television; Favorite comedies; Sufficiency of extreme sports in television.
- Execs: Kids Ads Going Up by 5%. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon started negotiating with advertisement buyers about their upcoming programming, as of March 6, 2006. Cartoon Network, which presented its programming to buyers last week, and Nickelodeon, which presents this week, dominate on the sales...
- CARTOON NETWORK Caters to Kids. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Magazine;2/25/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the digital video discs (DVD) products and strategies for its animated television (TV) shows made by Cartoon Network for 2007. It presents information on the DVD launch of "Billy and Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure" and "Ben 10: Season One." According to John Friend, senior...
- Net Swims Into Primetime. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p14
The article reports that Cartoon Network's late-night programming block Adult Swim will be given primetime exposure. Adult Swim will begin its schedule an hour earlier at 10 p.m., starting in January 2009. Cartoon Network has acquired Fox's "King of the Hill," from Twentieth Television to fill...
- The Fountain of Youth. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pAM10
The article reports on the performance of children's television programs. The children's television network Cartoon Network had a net average of 379,000 members of their target demographic, children aged 6-11, for the first quarter of 2009 which brings it to third place, behind the networks...