Private equity profits from PQ
- CCMP hits a home run. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the successful sale of PQ Corp., an inorganic specialty chemical, catalyst and engineered glass company, by private equity firm CCMP Capital Advisors to Carlyle Group. The sale was successful because management was able to drive up cash flow significantly through price...
- Carlyle Group Acquires PQ for $1.5 Billion. // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of PQ by private equity firm The Carlyle Group from CCMP Capital Advisors. The deal is valued approximately at $1.5 billion. The deal is expected to close in the third quarter, pending regulatory approval. Carlyle was advised by UBS Securities and Debevoise...
- CCMP returns to acquire 47% stake in PQ from Carlyle. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;9/22/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that private equity firm CCPM Capital will acquire 47% stake in silica and catalyst maker PQ, a joint venture of chemical companies Carlyle Group and Ineos, and also discusses the initial public offering (IPO) of the company.
- Solvay sells Eco Services to private equity firm. // Chemical Week;7/28/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on an agreement signed by chemical company Solvay selling its Eco Services, the U.S.-based sulfuric acid regeneration and virgin production business, to private equity firm CCMP Capital Advisors.
- Solvay to sell sulphuric acid business to private equity firm. // Chemical Business;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p72
The article reports on the decision by the Belgian chemical company Solvay SA to sell its sulphuric acid business Eco Services to private equity firm CCMP Capital Advisers LLC in a deal worth $890 million.
- England & Co. Launches Aerospace Unit. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2014, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p46
The article offers information related to business. Topics discussed include the new aerospace unit developed by investment bank England & Co., the opening of a new office by private equity firm Carlyle Group LP in Jakarta, Indonesia, and the appointment of Jim Gentilcore as adviser at private...
- In Hindsight. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/16/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 14, p6
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. The Volcker Rule continues to exist in the Senate version of regulatory reform despite ongoing uncertainty of its effectiveness. CCMP Capital Advisors has invested 345 million dollars in Chaparral Energy Inc. Carlyle Group has raised...
- PE Firms Launch New Hospital Platform. Holman, Kelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the launch of a new investment play in the hospital sector by CCMP Capital Advisors LLC and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in the U.S. The two firms have backed the launch of Legacy Hospital Partners with $500 million in funding. The new hospital company...
- Carlyle moves on Latin, Russia effort in big global play. Kosman, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the plans of the Carlye Group, a United States buyout firm, to invest in buyout funds in Europe, Russia, Asia and Latin America. Comments made by Jim Griffin, the vice president of the company; Amount of money which will be allocated to funds in Asia and Russia; Investment procedure...