Coal-to-DME for China
- CONSOL ENERGY INVESTS IN WEST VIRGINIA CTL PLANT. // Coal Age;Oct2008, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p38
The article reports that Consol Energy Inc. and Synthesis Energy Systems (SES) are planning to develop their first U.S. coal gasification and liquefaction plant through a joint venture in West Virginia. Consol, through its subsidiary Tera Firma Co. and SES have formed Northern Appalachia Fuel...
- New Coal Slurry Gasification Technology. // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
The article presents information on a project based on coal slurry gasification technology jointly undertaken by Yankuang Group and East China University of Technology in China. The multi-nozzle opposed coal slurry gasification unit has passed experts' appraisal organized by China Petroleum and...
- Anhui Kicks off Coal Chemical (Huainan) Base. // China Chemical Reporter;8/16/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p18
The article reports on a ceremony for starting the construction of Anhui Coal Chemical Base in Pingwei Town, Huainan of Anhui province, China. The base, which occupies an area of about 7.74 square kilometers, will have 28 projects. Advanced powdered coal gasification technology will be used to...
- The future's set in PET. Chynoweth, Emma; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p15
This article reveals the plans of Eastman Chemical to build a world-scale polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plant in a bid to transform its PET polymers business. Eastman is targeting an operating margin of 10% for PET by the second half of 2008, through innovation and strategic actions. It will...
- China's Changle Hengshen and DSM to build capro unit. PAN, VIOLA // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p23
The article reports that China's Changle Hengshen Synthetic Fabric and Dutch chemical company DSM Fibre Intermediates have entered into a joint venture agreement and will begin building a caprolactam (capro) manufacturing facility in Fujian province, China at the end of 2012.
- Schulman invests $14M in Saudi Arabia JV. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/18/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p0027
The article reports that plastics company A. Schulman Inc. is planning to expand into Saudia Arabia via a joint venture with National Petrochemical Industrial Co. (NATPET), in which Schulman will invest 14 million dollars to construct a polypropylene compounding plant in Yanbu.
- Lubrizol, Sekisui plan CPVC site. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p0020
The article reports that a chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) plant will be constructed in Map Ta Phut, Thailand as part of a joint venture between the chemical companies Sekisui Chemical Co. and Lubrizol Corp.
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p23
The article offers chemical industry news briefs as of August 13, 2012 on topics including the start-up of a dimethoxymethane (methylal) chemical plant at Mainz, Germany by methanol derivatives manufacturer INEOS Paraform, a joint venture agreement between chemical producers Mitsubishi Rayon and...
- Mexichem and OxyChem form ethylene joint venture. Downer, Stephen // Plastics News;2/3/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p0011
The article discusses an ethylene joint venture between the specialty chemicals manufacturer Mexichem SAB de CV and the chemical and resin maker Occidental Chemical Corp., focusing on the planned construction of an ethylene cracker in Ingleside, Texas as of February 2014.