INEOS acquires Borealis assets
- Borealis business added to Ineos acquisition list. // Plastics News;7/16/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p9
The article reports that European polymers producer Ineos Group Ltd. has agreed to buy the petrochemicals business of Borealis AS in Norway. According to Ineos Chairman Jim Ratcliffe, the acquisitions will complement Ineos' existing olefin and polyolefin portfolios and technology. Ratcliffe is...
- Ineos Seeks Mideast Presence and Bigger European Base. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/24/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 34, p19
The article focuses on the plan of Ineos to expand its business in the Middle East. The company is interested in establishing a manufacturing presence in the Middle East and is looking at several possible investment opportunities in the region. However, it is no longer pursuing the previously...
- TOP STORIES FROM 1-7 JUNE. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p51
A list of the top stories related to the chemical industry that were published in the June 1 to 7, 2007 issue of "ICIS Chemical Business" is presented. They include the acquisition of the petrochemical business of Borealis in Norway by INEOS, the plan of SABIC to raise $9 billion to finance its...
- Ineos Buys Borealis's Norwegian Assets. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the decision of Ineos to acquire Borealis's petrochemical manufacturing business in Norway for â‚¬290 million. The business consists of a polyolefins complex at Bamble and a 50% stake in the Noretyl gas cracker at Rafnes. Ineos announced that it plans to acquire...
- Ineos makes further strides into Norway. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul2007, Issue 793, p5
The article reports on the agreement of Ineos to a â‚¬290 million debt-free price for the Borealis petrochemicals business in Norway. Under the deal, the 557,000 tons/year (t/y) Noretyl ethylene cracker in Norway is now wholly-owned by Ineos. Furthermore, the deal provides Ineos with...
- Ineos Buys Chlor-Alkali, Crosfield, and CFC Replacements. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;12/13/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 46, p17
Reports that Ineos company will acquire the chlor-alkali, chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) replacement and Crosfield businesses of ICI. Estimated value of the deal; Details on the Ineos Chlor joint venture to be formed by the companies; Implication of the deal on the divestment program of ICI.
- Ineos completes shale deal with IGas. // Utility Week;5/15/2015, p19
The article reports on the acquisition by chemicals company Ineos of a 50 percent interest in IGas shale gas licenses in northwest England in 2015.
- Ineos Takes Huge Leap into Fifth Place. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;9/26/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 31, p33
The article reports that Ineos has climbed to number five this 2007 in the Billion-Dollar Club ranking from number 47 in 2006. Ineos has continued on the acquisition trail, and its ranking may climb in next year's table. Ineos most recently completed the purchase of Borealis's petrochemical...
- Ineos buys business from Axiall. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/19/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p0009
The article reports that Ineos Group has acquired the aromatics business of Axiall Corporation for 62.9 million U.S. dollars.