People on the move
- In Monet's Light: Theodore Robinson at Giverny. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p7
Reviews the exhibition "In Monet's Light: Theodore Robinson at Giverny," on view at the Baltimore Museum of Art in Maryland from October 17, 2004 to January 9, 2005.
- People on the move. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p21
Presents an update on the selection and appointment of employees in the European chemical industry as of February 3, 2003. James Mack at Cambrex; Vimal Mehta at Inpharmatica; Thomas Fahnemann at Lenzing.
- RELIGIOUS THEMES IN AMERICAN ART. BRUNER, LOUISE // American Artist;Dec1980, Vol. 44 Issue 461, p76
The article reports on the Friends of American Art in Religion's exhibition "A Mirror of Creation: 150 Years of American Nature Painting," held at the Vatican's exhibition gallery on Saint Peter's Square on November 23, 1980. The exhibition showcased several American art works that express...
- EXHIBITIONS. // American Artist;Jan2005, Vol. 69 Issue 750, p62
Presents information on several painting exhibitions in the U.S. being shown through January 2005. Presentation of Theodore Robinson's paintings on the French countryside in the Baltimore Museum of Art in Maryland; Works of Gerard Ter Borch at the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C.;...
- The diary of Theodore Robinson an American impressionist. Johnston, Sona // Magazine Antiques;Nov2004, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p128
Profiles Theodore Robinson, who is frequently called the first American impressionist painter. Background information on Robinson; Art credits; Predilections.
- Queries. Springs, Remi // Magazine Antiques;Nov2003, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p98
Calls for information about antiques and artists. Appeal for painting and works on 18th century landscape painter William Douglas MacLeod; Information about the whereabouts 18th century Rhode Island tables; Information about American painter Theodore Robinson and his students.
- Lessons Learned: MONET'S INFLUENCE ON THEODORE ROBINSON. May, Stephen // American Artist;Apr2006, Vol. 70 Issue 764, p48
The article focuses on the influence of impressionist Claude Monet on the painting of Theodore Robinson. Robinson's relationship with Monet has clearly influence the former's works. His paintings have incorporated Monet's concern for the effects of color, light and atmosphere. Robinson also made...
- THEODORE ROBINSON. Lewison, Florence // American Artist;Feb1963, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the works and artistic style of Theodore Robinson, who is considered the pioneer of American Impressionism. It notes that Robinson's 1887 meeting and subsequent friendship with Claude Monet has significantly influenced his artistic development. But unlike other...
- The Monet effect at Phoenix Art Museum. // Echo Magazine;8/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p57
Presents information on the art exhibition "In Monet's Light," by impressionist artist Theodore Robinson, which will run from February 6 through May 8, 2005 at the Phoenix Art Museum in Arizona.