- World's largest plant goes on line. BURRIDGE, ELAINE // ICIS Chemical Business;6/27/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 23, p16
The article reports that operations at the methanol plant of Shenhua Baotou Coal Chemicals and Davy Process Technology Ltd., at Baotou in Inner Mongolia, have started.
- Dow to Idle Latex Plant in Puerto Rico. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p15
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical to idle its Ucar Emulsion Systems latex plant in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Reason for the move; Implications; Information on the Bayamon plant.
- Dow Plans $315 MM Chloralkali Upgrade at Louisiana Plant. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the plans of Dow Chemical Co. to upgrade its chloralkali manufacturing plant in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Increase of the chlorine capacity of the plant; Permit approvals filed by Dow Chemical; Advantages of the plant upgrade.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;04/03/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 14, p26
Reports the construction of a Dow Chemical Company latex plant in Zhangjiagang, China. Production capacity; Increase in China's demand for styrene-butadiene latex; China's consumption of latex in 1999. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- Dow expands cellulosics. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/28/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 13, p2
Reports that the Dow Chemical Co. will be implementing a two-phase 20,000 metric-ton expansion of its Methocel methylcellulose and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose products. First phase of expansion project at Dow's Stade, Germany facility; Scheduled completion of the project by early 2006; Second...
- Dow to Site 'Replacement' Cracker at Seadrift. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 37, p9
Reports that Dow Chemical Co. will build its planned replacement Gulf Coast cracker at Seadrift, Texas. Annual production capacity at the Seadrift plant; Dow's annual consumption of ethylene in North America; Company's plan to expand connections to Gulf Coast ethylene pipelines and storage...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 3, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Weak U.S. demand, high oil prices and the onslaught of Middle East capacity in the second half of 2008 will affect shares in commodity chemical producers. India-based Chemicals and Industries is mulling setting up a caustic soda...
- Friendly skies. Watson, Paul // BRW;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p14
Reports that Dow Chemicals of the United States is an early favorite to win the right to build a petrochemical plant in Western Australia. How they have been waiting for gas prices to fall on the West Coast; Dow's contact with State Government officials.
- Dow's $10 million investment to raise local sales. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;8/24/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p17
Focuses on Dow Chemical Co.'s increase of its investment to upgrade its chemical plants worldwide. Locations of the facilities; Integration of hydrochlorination technology to the chemical plants.