Grindrod dives into tank terminals
- Grindrod sinks $800m into chemical tankers. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;4/3/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p32
The article reports that Grindrod will invest more than $800 million to boost its fleet and port operations. This latest investment follows a series of orders for chemical newbuildings. The Durban-based group is targeting chemical/product tankers and port partnerships with southern African...
- Tate & Lyle to Invest in Two U.S. Plants. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;8/24/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 28, p42
Reports on the plan of Tate & Lyle to invest on the expansion and environmental improvements of its two facilities in the U.S. Cost of investment in ethanol production; Amount to be invested by the company for an unspecified capacity expansion at its functional food ingredient and specialty...
- Tate & Lyle to Construct Sucralose Plant in Singapore. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/8/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p3
Reports that food chemical specialist Tate & Lyle PLC will invest in a sucrose manufacturing plant in Singapore to respond to rising consumer demand for the no-calorie sweetener Splenda. Manufacturing capacity of the southeast Asian base.
- Tate & Lyle expands US plants for $175M. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p7
Reports that British food and industrial ingredients producer Tate and Lyle plans to expand capacity at its Loudon, Tennessee, facility and its Sagamore facility in Lafayette, Indiana. Estimated costs of the expansions; Plan to increase production of value-added products at the Loudon facility...
- Tate & Lyle Divests Starch. // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p5
The article reports that Syral of Marckolsheim, France, a subsidiary of Tereos of Lille, France, has agreed to acquire Tate & Lyle's European starch business for â‚¬310 million. The deal is expected to close by September 30, 2007. The acquired business has production in Belgium, France,...
- Tate & Lyle to Acquire Sucralose Assets. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/23/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 8, p3
Reveals that Tate and Lyle PLC and McNeil Nutritionals have revamped their sucralose pact to optimize the market potential for the Splenda brand sweetener.
- Genomatica. COONS, REBECCA // Chemical Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p39
The article reports on the growth of biobased chemicals developer Genomatica in California over the last six months as of July 2011. The producer of 1,4-butanediol (BDO) has reportedly partnered with chemical producers Mitsubishi Chemical, Tate & Lyle (T&L) and Mossi & Ghisolfi (M&G) to advance...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;3/21/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p44
The article presents news briefs on chemical companies. Tate & Lyle plans to cease production of citric acid at its plant in Selby, Great Britain because of intense competition from Chinese imports and oversupply in the world market. NaturalNano has received a cash investment from Platinum...
- Tate & Lyle reveals non-bitter stevia. // Food Manufacture;Sep2014, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p33
The article offers information on the Tastevia Stevia Sweetener from Tate & Lyle.