Velsicol turns its waste into bio-gas
- AD in the water sector -- what's next? Morton, Charlotte // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the anaerobic digestion (AD) and biogas opportunities in the British water and sewerage sector as of June 2013.
- Data's written in the stars. Healey, Kieran // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p15
The article discusses the difference brought by the new version of Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies' (WS&T) superior tuning and reporting (STAR) to the operation of water treatment companies in Great Britain.
- Getting the green light for AD builds. Aylott, Matthew // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
The article offers a guide on how to launch an off-farm anaerobic digestion (AD) plant. It cites that one should initiate a pre-application enquiry which includes a written request for information relating to a proposed development. It mentions that before embarking on the project, one should...
- Correlation between Organic Matter Degradation and the Rheological Performance of Waste Sludge During Anaerobic Digestion. Morel, Evangelina S.; Hernández-Hernándes, José A.; Méndez-Contreras, Juan M.; Cantú-Lozano, Denis // AIP Conference Proceedings;7/7/2008, Vol. 1027 Issue 1, p1438
Anaerobic digestion has demonstrated to be a good possibility to reduce the organic matter contents in waste activated sludge resulting in the effluents treatment. An anaerobic digestion was carried out in a 3.5 L reactor at 35 Â°C for a period of 20 days. An electronic thermostat controlled...
- Advancing water-sector technology. Hawkins, George // Public Works;Jan2011, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p41
The article discusses the thermal hydrolysis water-sector technology used at the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority's (DC Water) Blue Plains water treatment facility in Potomac River. It mentions that the technology would pretreat sludge for anaerobic digestion. It states that the...
- Codigestion Pioneer. Johnston, Marsha W. // BioCycle;Sep2015, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p48
The article reports that Water Resource Recovery Facility (WRRF) at the Essex Junction in Vermont is close to its objective of achieving zero energy use. Topics discussed include the goal being achievable due to the use of heat and power (CHP) system, solar array and geothermal well, the...
- Turning up the heat. Perez-Elvira, Sara; Fdz-Polanco, Maria; Fdz-Polanco, Fernando // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2009, Issue 814, p28
The article explains the benefits of thermal treatment of sewage sludge from water treatment plants. Research in Spain suggests that thermal pre-treatment of sludge can give benefits in the process efficiency and in treating waste sludge. Details of pilot-scale studies conducted for a combined...
- Veolia supplies another Discfilter to Welsh Water. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the contract awarded to Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies to supply another Hydrotech Discfilter tertiary treatment plant to D r Cymru Welsh Water in 2013.
- Using the Futura to Test Water Phosphorous Content. // Asian Environmental Technology;Apr2011, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the installation of waste water disposal unit at the waste water treatment plant of CAMY by Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies in France in 2011.