Firm demand drives prices higher
- DSM Is Planning Massive Expansions For EPDM Rubber, Melamine Products. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/20/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the launching of a series of expansions by DSM in an effort to rank itself among the world leaders in melamine and caprolactam markets. Construction of the company's rubber plant in Geleen, Netherlands; Significance of the efforts.
- Summer breeze puts PTA in front. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;5/24/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2101, p15
Presents updates on the fibres sector of the European chemical industry as of May 2004. Acrylic fibre demand; Price of paraxylene contract; Increase in acrylonitrile prices; Rise in the sales volumes for p-terephthalic acid products.
- Markets Volatility Continues. // Indian Textile Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p12
The article presents an update on the performance of Chinese producers of high tenacity filament, as of January 2009. The decline in the prices of acrylonitrile and caprolactam is said to reflect the temporary weakness of oil, allowing the acrylic and nylon fibre-producers to bring their prices...
- DSM Introduces Butadiene-Based Caprolactam Process. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;08/28/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the butadiene-based technology introduced by DSM company to manufacture caprolactam. Benefits of the technology; Plan of the company to build a world-scale plant in Asia; Production capacity of the plant.
- DSM Marks Caprolactam 50th Anniversary. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/12/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 5, p4
Highlights the 50th anniversary of the caprolactam business of DSM company in Augusta, Georgia.
- DSM says it remains fully committed to materials. Grace, Robert // Plastics News;5/5/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p0010
The article discusses the business plans of the chemicals company Royal DSM as of May 2014, focusing on its reported commitment to materials manufacturing. Topics include comments of the executive Roelef Westerbeek, the performance of the company's caprolactam business, the company's operations...
- DSM's High-Pressure Process. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;12/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p57
Reports on the development of a high-pressure liquid phase melamine process called shortened liquid phase (SLP) technology by DSM. Claims of the company on the efficiency of the process; Details on the company's use of the technology; How the SLP technology converts urea into melamine.
- DSM announces chemical split. // Colourage;Apr98, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p42
Reports that DSM is planning to split up its fine chemical activities into two business groups.
- DSM hikes polycarb compounds. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p7
Reports on DSM's plans to increase its polycarbonate compounding capacity in Western Europe. Aim of expanding polycarbonate sales outside Europe by becoming more active in the polycarbonate markets in the United States and Asia; Withdrawal from downstream activities in glass fiber reinforced...