Moments of truth
- Logistics Watch. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;8/8/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2159, p14
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of August 8, 2005. Selection of Transwide by Invista; Information on an exclusive deal signed by Azelis; Value of the sales of Brenntag in 2004.
- Brenntag's Struger looks to the east. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;6/20/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2152, p14
Reports the expansion plans of chemical distributor Brenntag CEE for central and eastern Europe. Annual sales increase targeted by the company; Amount of money that will be invested for the plan; Expansion forecast for 2006.
- Distribution. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/10/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p25
The article reports on the growth of chemical distributors in Central and Eastern Europe as of May 10, 2006. Distributors are seizing the opportunity to serve existing customers in sectors that have established manufacturing operations in the region. Brenntag catapulted itself to the number-one...
- Opportunities Abound in Latin America. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;5/10/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p27
The article reports on growth opportunities in Latin America for chemical distributors. Brenntag derives a proportion of its annual revenues from the region. Political instability in countries such as Bolivia is both an opportunity and a threat to business, according to Brenntag Latin America...
- Distributors Face Tough Task in Dislodging Local Independents. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;6/10/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the challenges faced by leading chemical distributors in dislodging independent competitors in the European national and regional markets. Plan of Brenntag to expand its European logistics network; Decision of Vopak to spin off its chemical distribution; Objective of Univar.
- Distributors revolutionized as private equity builds out. Fermont, Marc; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p31
The article focuses on the participation of distributors owned by private equity firms in acquisitions in the chemical distribution industry in the U.S. and Europe. JAM Distribution, Quadra USA and LA Chemicals are among the companies acquired by Brenntag in the U.S. in the last 12 months....
- Brenntag Makes Major Acquisitions in the U.K. and Switzerland. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/31/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 19, p21
The article reports that Brenntag made two acquisitions that will boost its leadership in chemical distribution in Europe. The company has agreed to acquire Albion Chemicals, the second-biggest distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals in Great Britain and Ireland. In addition, the...
- Brenntag Shifts Up a Gear. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p50
Provides information on Brenntag chemical company. Financial performance of the company; Comments from the company's chairman, Rients Visser; Expansion plans of the company.
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p4
Reports on developments in the chemical industry in Europe for the week ended July 7, 2003. Speculations that German rail operator Deutsche Bahn has shortlisted four bidders for a takeover of Brenntag, its chemicals distribution business; Possible marketing restrictions resulting from the...