- IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p19
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. The Chemical Industries Association of Great Britain is urging leaders attending the G8 Summit in Germany to reach an agreement on climate change. The Nanotech SME Coalition has been established by the Synthetic Organic Chemical...
- New office bearers of Chemical Industries Association. // Chemical Business;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p13
Presents Office Bearers that were elected for 1995-1996 during the 15th Annual General Meeting of the Chemical Industries Association (CIA) on September 21, 1995. Includes S. Krishnaswamy as president of CIA; P.K.N. Panicker as vice president of CIA; N. Venkateswaran and G. Sivaramakrishnan as...
- U.K. industry launches `Agenda for Success'. // Chemical Week;10/25/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 15, p5
Reports on Chemical Industries Association's launching of `Agenda for Success,' its program for the industry's development. Need for the industry to press for further deregulation in the European Union to ensure it is lean and fit enough to compete internationally.
- CIA trains nationally. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the Chemical Industries Association as one of the first National Training Organisations (NTOs) set up to develop occupational standards for vocational qualifications. Provision of training and education; First initiative of the NTOs.
- U.K. pledges to improve contractor safety. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/2/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 26, p20
Reports on United Kingdom Chemical Industries Association's (CIA) pledge to try to reduce number of accidents among contract employees. Goals of CIA; Lost-time accidents in 1996 and 1995; Percentage decline on hazardous waste emissions in the UK in 1996.
- U.K. strives to achieve continuous improvement. Chynoweth, Emma // Chemical Week;7/7/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p128
Reports on the publication of the United Kingdom's Chemical Industries Association of its indicators of performance. Six markers; Selected as management tools; Drawing up of a code of management practice called Responsible Neighbors; Other programs.
- Competitiveness call. // Chemical Week;5/31/95, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p6
Reports on Great Britain's Chemical Industries Association's acceptance of a government White Paper on competitiveness. Importance of developing policies that gives priority to sustainable growth, control of inflation and stable currency.
- Chemical industry centres on innovation. // Process Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the plan of the Chemical Industries Association to establish a national innovation center for high-value chemicals in 2001. Purpose of the center; View of the association on the existing national support systems.
- CIA plan for change on track. // Chemical Week;8/18/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Great Britain's Chemical Industries Association's strategic review of operations. Implementation of Responsible Care; Lay offs of employees.