SigmaKalon goes up for sale
- Coat of many colours. Baker, John; Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p21
The article focuses on the success of SigmaKalon after its buyout by Bain Capital. After the buyout, SigmaKalon concentrated first on costs and financial performance, but then started to build an external growth engine with the capability to identify and close deals, and then integrate the...
- SigmaKalon buys paint maker. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p6
Reports on the decision of the Sigma Kalon coatings business of Bain Capital to purchase wall paint manufacturer Primalex in Eastern Europe. Production facilities of Primalex; Value of the acquisition; Commitment of Sigma to business in central and eastern Europe.
- Bain Capital Accepts PPGs Offer for SigmaKalon. // Finishing Today;Nov2007, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that Bain Capital Inc. has agreed to the proposal of PPG Industries Inc. to acquire Uithoorn, Netherlands-based SigmaKalon Group company, a firm engaged decorative, marine, protective and industrial coatings. The acquisition, which is worth about 2.2 billion euros, is still...
- PPG Acquires SigmaKalon. // Products Finishing;Mar2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the acquisition of coatings producer SigmaKalon Group by PPG Industries Inc., which produces architectural, protective, marine, and industrial coatings, in Europe. The total transaction value was about â‚¬2.2 billion. The company anticipates to add approximately $3...
- Atofina's Sale of SigmaKalon May Be Close. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;10/2/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 39, p27
Reports the status of the sale of the SigmaKalon paints and coatings business of Atofina as of October 2, 2002. Background on SigmaKalon; Bidders in the sale of SigmaKalon.
- SigmaKalon Expands in Caribbean. // Chemical Week;5/16/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 17, p25
This article states that SigmaKalon has acquired a 51% stake in Varossieau, a decorative coatings maker that commands 63% of the Surinamese paint market. Terms were not disclosed. Surinamese investors own the remaining shares. It says that Varossieau's 2006 sales were â‚¬5.1 million. It...
- SigmaKalon sold off. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2003, p5
Focuses on the acquisition of SigmaKalon by Bain Capital Inc. in Great Britain. Services offered by the companies; Estimation of the earnings of SigmaKalon in the year 2001.
- Bain Capital to Acquire SigmaKalon? Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p13
Reports the plan of Bain Capital to acquire SigmaKalon in 2002. Other bidders for SigmaKalon; Background on SigmaKalon; Investment plans of Bain.
- PPG names De Leener as senior vice president, Architectural Coatings, EMEA. // Paintindia;Jan2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p176
The article announces that Pierre-Marie De Leener was appointed senior vice president of architectural coatings in Europe/Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at PPG Industries.