Chemtura shuts plants in Italy
- CHEMTURA TO CLOSE INDIANA PLANT. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;9/28/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the approval of the bankruptcy filing by Chemtura to close a household cleaning chemicals plant and warehouse in Ashley, Indiana, which it claims is no longer integral to its business. Chemtura filed for bankruptcy in March 2009 as a steep decline in demands cut its...
- Chemtura shuts two plants in Italy. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p20
The article reports on the plan of Chemtura to shut two antioxidant facilities in Italy and end production of two intermediate chemicals at a French plant. The company intends to halt standard antioxidant production and close its plants in Pedrengo and Ravenna, Italy, in the third quarter of...
- Teijin to shut polycarbonate plant in Singapore, exit DMT business. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;11/24/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 29, p17
The article focuses on the announcement by Japanese chemical and pharmaceutical company Teijin of several initiatives to restructure its money-losing businesses, which includes shutting down a polycarbonate (PC) resin plant in Singapore and exiting the dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) business.
- PolyOne closes facility in Canada, shifts production. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;8/24/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 22, p11
The article reports that plastics material and resin manufacturing company PolyOne Corp. has started closing its facility in Granby, Quebec as part of a restructuring process aimed at streamlining production and increasing efficiency.
- Valspar in massive restructuring. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/22/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p4
Reports on paint and coatings producer Valspar Corp.'s initiation of a massive restructuring of its operations that includes the closure of seven coatings facilities. Reduction of the company's manufacturing worldwide; Annual cost savings planned to be generated by the company in 2007; Financial...
- Dow to Quit Specialty Ketones. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;9/8/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 29, p23
Presents information on the plans of Dow Chemical to exit from the specialty ketones business and close its South Charleston, West Virginia production unit. Reason behind the closure of the production unit; Kinds of chemicals produced in the production unit; Number of jobs affected by the...
- Dow to close Seadrift EPDM plant. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 191 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Dow Chemical Co. has planned to close its EPDM plant in 2009. According to the company, plant closings planned for 2009, will include the firm's epdm plant in Seadrift, Texas and a chlorinated polyethylene (Tyrin) plant in Plaquemine, Louisiana. The closing is part of a...
- Ineos restructures chlor-vinyls business because of downturn. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINIA // Chemical Week;1/28/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that the chemical company Ineos Group Ltd., in an attempt to adjust for economic conditions in Europe and chemical overcapacity as of January 2013, will restructure its chlor-vinyls business and close its polyvinyl chloride plant in Runcorn, Great Britain.
- Chemtura Reorganization Plan Expected by June 17. Valk, Vincent; Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p9
The article reports that Chemtura is expected to submit its reorganization plan on June 17, 2010.