â€¦while complaint hits final round
- Study to reassess maximum water tolerances in meat. Clarke, Philip // Poultry World;Apr2011, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p11
The article reveals the plan of the European Union (EU) to investigate the maximum water content of poultrymeat in a bid to determine whether current limits are still valid.
- EU Drafts Far-Reaching Chemicals Policy. Tickner, Joel // Yes!;Fall2003, Issue 27, p8
Reports on the legislation drafted by the European Union which requires the screening of chemicals manufactured and sold in Europe. Policy's aim to address the risks that chemicals pose to human health and the environment; Provisions of the legislation.
- Industry and NGOs highlight gaps in REACH. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Mar2013, Issue 457, p42
The article discusses the uncertainty over the positive impact of the European Union's Registration Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals (REACH) regulation on competitiveness and innovation in the chemicals industry as of March 2013.
- The European Union's chemical legislation needs revision. Hansen, Steffen Foss // Nature Nanotechnology;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p305
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the need to revise the chemical legislative called Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) by the European Union.
- One in four companies breach REACH. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 829/830, p8
The article reports on findings by inspectors that almost a quarter of companies were non-compliant with the European Union's Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulations.
- SURGE IN SVHC PROPOSALS TO MEET 2012 TARGET. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Aug2012, Issue 451, p44
The article reports on dossiers on 38 potential substances of very high concern (SVHC) that is being prepared by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) under the REACH chemical regime of the European Union (EU).
- CLARIFICATION. // Chemical Week;8/13/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 21, p12
A correction to the article "Europe Seeks to Streamline Biocidal Product Regulations," that was published in the July 30, 2012 issue is presented.
- EU's Trading Partners Demand Watering-Down of Reach. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/21/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 21, p15
The article reports on the request of the trading partners of the European Union (EU) to tone down its proposed Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals (Reach) chemicals legislation. The countries' diplomatic missions to the EU issued a joint statement, calling on the commission...
- ASA rules against Greenpeace anti-fracking advertisement. // Utility Week;5/15/2015, p5
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) in 2015 on the advertisement by environmental group Greenpeace concerning shale gas extraction.