Norway plans ban on flame retardants
- BASF services for REACH. // Indian Textile Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 117 Issue 10, p100
The article reports that BASF, right on time for the rollout of the new Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals (REACH) European Union (EU) chemicals regulations, has expanded its portfolio to include an important new service. As part of its Success sustainability service, it is...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p25
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry, which include a report on high levels of bisphenol-A (BPA) in canned goods and chemical content of brand-name perfumes and colognes.
- CNG Fuel. // Chemical Business;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Bisphenol A, a multifaceted chemical with multifarious uses in the chemical industry.
- Buyers accept BPA settlement hikes. Finch, Heidi; Roache, Carl; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p31
The article reports that buyers conceded to the recent European bisphenol A (BPA) settlement hikes due to the limited availability and the strong pull on supply from Asia. Buyers argued though that the increases are not justified in view of the February 2007 benzene settlement, which was down by...
- 2007 Global Activity in Industry Off to a Solid Start. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;2/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the Global Chemical Industry Production Index of ACC which reveals that global activity in the chemical industry has been steady so far in 2007. According to ACC, Western European chemical production grew 2.8 percent year-over-year, and Central and Eastern Europe combined...
- What's New in Textile Flammability? // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jun78, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p37
The article presents a summary of the remarks made by the speakers at LeBlanc Research Corp.'s sixth annual symposium on textile flammability held in April 1978 at the Hotel Roosevelt in New York City. It includes details of the analysis about clothing-related burn accidents from Consumer...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p20
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry including the announcement of a 5 cent/lb increase by Dow Chemical Co. and Occidental Chemical (OxyChem), increase in European November phenol contract price and assesment of European November bisphenol A (BPA) contract prices.
- BPA on road to recovery. Uctas, Rachel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p30
This article explains that Europe's Bisphenol A market has recovered from a low point earlier in the year to reach a balanced supply/ demand position as the fourth quarter approaches. Producers have succeeded in moving September contract prices up by approximately â‚¬ 50/ tonne, with the...
- Shanghai Market Price of Chemical Products during November 2004. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p25
Presents a chart depicting the market prices of commercial products of the chemical industry in Shanghai, China as of November 2004.