Market News and Views
- Biofuel questions raised as commodity prices soar. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;6/22/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 25, p47
The article focuses on the concerns over the potential of the biofuel industry in the face of commodity price increases cited during the Cereals event held in Great Britain from June 13 to 14, 2007. It is stated that the viability of utilizing feedstocks at current crude oil prices was...
- Players seek hikes to regain margins. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2137, p12
Reports on the increase in prices of purified isophthalic acid (PIA) in the European market as of March 2005. Impact of the increase in prices of feedstock on the PIA market; Forecasts on the demand for PIA in 2005; Significance of the emergence of several chemical plants to the consumption of PIA.
- Butadiene buyers holding out against high offers. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 467, p24
Reports on the caution issued by styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) customers against offers of suppliers due to continued increase in feedstock costs in Northeast Asia in November 2004. Stand of suppliers on the issue of feedstock price increase; Reason why SBR customers resist high butadiene costs.
- Reports. // PPI Pulp & Paper Week;11/ 8/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p11
The article offers information on the report titled "Outlook for Wood-Based Biofuels," by research company RISI which indicates that wood-based feedstocks will play a key role in advanced biofuel production.
- JUSTIN'S BLOG. McDonald, Justin // Crops;7/28/2012, p46
The article presents several blogs related to phosphate vulnerable zones (PVZs) including one related to putting phosphate down the spout next to the seed, one related to zero requirement of PVZ in Lincolnshire, England and one related to increasing prices of phosphate.
- Fertilizer increases are boost for ICL. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/11/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 23, p34
The article reports on the increase in revenue expected by Israel Chemicals Ltd. in the second half of 2007 and into 2008, boosted by increase in prices of fertilizers. Sales of phosphate fertilizers grew in the first quarter by 55 percent, compared with the first quarter of 2006, and totaled...
- Fertilizers price increase a boost for ICL business. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p5
The article reports that Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) is expecting to increase its revenue from the second half of 2007 to 2008 due to a substantial rise in fertilizer prices. Sales of phosphate fertilizers rose by 55% in the first quarter of 2007 compared with the first quarter in 2006. It...
- US drug use and spending in 2010. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;4/30/2011, Issue 627, p10
The article discusses an IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics report which reveals that spending on prescription drugs in the U.S. totaled 307 billion U.S. dollars in 2010, a hike of just 2.3% from the previous year.
- Suppliers Take 'Ultra-Aggressive' Approach to Price Hikes. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;6/28/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 22, p35
The article reports on price increases by paints and coatings suppliers in June 2006. Rohm and Haas has announced increases in acrylics, a market in which it commands a strong presence. DSM says that prices for polyester coating resin feedstocks neopentyl glycol, isophthalic acid, adipic acid,...