5-minute Markets watch
- specialties. // Chemical Week;11/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 37, p36
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of November 10, 2004. Background on the closing of the hot melt tape production and distribution facility of Intertape Polymer at Montreal, Quebec; Decision of Rhodia to increase prices for its salicylic acid and a range of salicylates.
- Untitled. s, s // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2015, Issue 3228, p1
The article reports that phenol prices in the Chinese petrochemicals industry are supposed to increase as a result of shutdowns in several petrochemical plants.
- Blizzard Is Good News for Calcium Chloride Producers. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p23
Presents an overview of the calcium chloride chemical industry in North America for the year 2003. Pricing; Market conditions; Chemical plant shutdowns; Inventories; Chemical production and demand.
- PGI: Closure of US plant. // Melliand International;Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p121
The article reports that Polymer Group Inc. (PGI) will close its plant in North Little Rock, Arkansas by March 2010 and will merge certain manufacturing operations in its Benson, North Carolina branch to preserve competitiveness amidst the global crisis in industrial markets.
- Asia phenol poised to extend gains. Huang, Trisha // ICIS Chemical Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 10, p9
The article reports that spot phenol prices in Asia as of February 26, 2014. According to industry experts, gains resulting from maintenance shutdowns of chemical plants and rising prices in the phenol derivative, bisphenol A (BPA), sector may help to extend spot prices. Topics include chemical...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p39
Provides an update on the chemical industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Prices of chlorine posted by Pioneer; Decision of Vulcan Chemicals to shut its alkali plant in Wichita, Kansas; Prices of compounded nylon posted by BASF.
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;5/31/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p25
This section offers news briefs concerning the specialty chemicals sector, which include a plant shutdown by Evonik and price increases by Arkema.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2044, p12
Presents news briefs related to the market performance of chemical companies as of March 17, 2003. Suspension of production at the linear alpha olefins plant of BP Amoco in Pasadena, Texas; Price increase proposal of DuPont Titanium; Shutdown of the adiphic acid plant of Rhodia in ChalampÃ©,...
- MARKET REPORT: NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p10
Presents market news briefs related to the chemical industry as of June 9, 2003. Indefinite suspension of production at the electrolyte manganese dioxide facility of Kerr-McGee in Nevada; Proposal of Akzo Nobel to increase its prices for phosphate ester flame retardants and plasticisers;...