5-minute Americas watch
- NEW PROJECTS. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;8/9/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2112, p33
Presents an update on issues related to projects in the chemical industry in Brazil as of August 2004. Plan of Braskem to expand its polyethylene plant in Camacari; Financing obtained by Brazilian mining group Companhia Vale do Rio Doce for its aluminum oxide expansion in Barcarena, ParÃ¡.
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 2010. Ashland plans to sell its distribution business with Bank of America as its advisor. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed restrictions on chemicals such as benzidine dyes, hexabromocyclododecane...
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;2/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. ExxonMobile reported that their earnings tripled for their chemical segment in the fourth quarter of 2009 due to stronger margins and higher volumes. Metals mining company Vale of Rio de Janeiro has agreed to acquire Mosaic's stake in...
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;11/29/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 29, p6
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. In a lawsuit filed by Dow AgroSciences against DuPont's Pioneer Hi-Bred business over packaging, the decision favored Dow. A feasibility study is being conducted by mining firm Vale for a potash plant in Saskatchewan. A joint venture will...
- CVRD GETS ENVIRONMENTAL LICENSE TO OPERATE SOSSEGO. // Industrial Environment;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p4
Reports that Companhia Vale do Rio Doce of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil has received an environmental license to operate the Sossego copper project in Carajas, Para.
- CVRD privatization update. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the Brazilian government's adoption of measures to clear the way for the sale of state-owned Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD). Rules to prevent monopolistic control of the state asset; Government's move to give employees the right to a 50% discount to buy up to 4.45% of the...
- Tubarao complex handles huge outbound volume. // C&D Debris Recycling;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 2, The world of Svedala p56
Focuses on the Tubarao terminal complex in Espirito Santo State which is one of three Brazilian ports operated by Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD), the world's largest iron-ore producer and exporter. Operational activity of the port; Expansion made in Tubarao; Major supplier in the port's...
- Dedication. // Fell's Official Know-It-All Guide: So You Want to Be a Nurse;2004, preceding p19
The article presents a dedication to the author's family.
- Multitalented Multistrata. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;8/13/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 33, p31
Reports on the creation of a technology-based logistics by Companhia Vale do Rio Doce in Brazil. Reasons for the creation of a logistic unit; Features of the logistic unit; Expansion of the logistic unit.