IN BRIEFProject Watch
- Natural gas study looks at sixth separation plant. // European Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2076, p30
Announces the appointment of Petroleum Institute to conduct a feasibility study for the Petrochemical Complex 3 in Thailand. Target date for the completion of the project; Establishment of a sixth gas separation plant; Capacity of the third gas pipeline in Thailand.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p16
Details the Iran Oil Ministry's strategic plan for the petrochemicals sector. Potential to increase national capacity; Foreign financing for projects; Negotiations with companies to set up joint ventures in fertilizer or plastics plant; Value of Iran's petrochemicals imports.
- EGYPT. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p18
Reports on the positive response received from prospective investors and suppliers by the promoters of a scheme to set up a styrene and polystyrene plant in Alexandria, Egypt. Expected production capacity of the plant; Major investors in the project.
- Petrochemicals. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/10/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the petroleum chemicals industry in Qatar as of March 2000. Near completion of a detailed study on a toluene di-isocyanate project; Qatar General Petroleum Corp. and Elf Atochem's propane dehydrogenation/ polypropylene project.
- Poland plans worldscale complex. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p26
Focuses on the plans by the Polish chamber of chemical industry for a domestic worldscale petrochemical complex by 2010. Capability of the plant; Actions taken by Wojciech Lubiewa-Wielezynski, director general of the chamber of chemical industry.
- PLASTICS INVESTMENT STAYS BUOYANT IN TAIWAN. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the petrochemical industry in Taiwan as of February 6, 2002. Planned construction of Formosa Idemistu Petrochemical's polycarbonate plant at Mailiao; Production capacity of the polybutylene terephthalate plant of Chang-Chun Petrochemical slated for May or June 2002 startup; Amount...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/19/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 14, p10
The article reports two 5-minute news which includes the plan of the authorities in Kazakhstan to build a petrochemical hub in Atyrau, Kazakstan despite of numerous delays and the plans of China's Qinghai Salt Lake Haina Chemical to build three chemical plants in 2012.
- Rio complex gets the go-ahead. // Chemical Week;8/16/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p5
Reports that Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso has approved the petrochemicals complex in Rio de Janeiro. Expansion of Petrobras' Reduc refinery at Duque de Caxias; Construction of an ethylene plant and plastics plants.
- Chemicalweek Asia. // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p23
Reports on developments in the Asian chemical industry. Formosa Plastics' construction of a Taiwan petrochemical complex; Chinese Petroleum Corp.'s evaluation of sites for its complex; Prima Group's plans for a petrochemical complex; Asahi Chemical's negotiation to build a joint venture...