IN BRIEFMarkets Watch
- Carbon Blacks Boost. // Chemical Week;9/6/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 33, p29
Focuses on the plan of Degussa-Huls to raise prices of certain carbon blacks in Europe effective October 1, 2000. Reason behind the price increase; Impact of the price increase on the price of furnace blacks.
- One-Two Punch for Carbon Black From Rising Oil, Sluggish Euro. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;09/25/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 13, p30
Reports that the carbon black industry is being pressured by high crude oil costs and slumping euro. Action taken by carbon black producers to keep up with high crude oil prices; Information on the acquisitions and expansions of carbon black companies in Latin America; Expansion of Degussa-Huls...
- Bayer buys out Degussa in Makroform JV. // Plastics News;8/18/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p3
Degussa AG has pulled out of polycarbonate sheet to focus on its Plexiglas acrylic products. In mid-July, Degussa subsidiary Rohm GmbH, based in DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany, sold its 45.5 percent share in PET and PC sheet production joint venture Makroform GmbH to its partner, Bayer AG of Leverkusen....
- High-purity conductive black. // Plastics Technology;Jan98, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p56
Introduces carbon black Grade XPB-090 from Degussa Dorp. Description of the carbon black produced by the company.
- Germany-based company studies carbon blacks... // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p36
Deals with the studies on carbon blacks who are suspected to represent a risk to human health. Findings of Degussa AG of Frankfurt am Main, Germany about the effects of carbon black in human beings; How Degussa's physician have undermined the allegation that carbon blacks represent a health...
- Degussa takes over Carbogal. // Chemical Business;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p83
Reports that Degussa, world's second largest manufacturer of carbon black, has exercised its option to take over 100% of Portuguese carbon producer Carbogal. Capacity of Carbogal; Number of employees at Carbogal.
- Carbon Black Shows Signs of Life After Poor 2001. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/20/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 20, p7
Discusses the market condition for carbon black in 2002. Background on carbon black consumption in 2000 and 2001; Views of Jack Clem, president of Degussa Engineered Carbons LP, on the growth in demand for carbon black; Challenges faced by the industry for 2002; Outlook for the industry.
- International: DIGEST. // Rubber & Plastics News;10/18/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
No abstract available.
- Conductive carbon black. // Rubber World;Winter97 Product News, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on conductive carbon black from Degussa AG. This manufacturer of specialty carbon blacks has introduced Printex XE2 carbon black, a super conductive grade that can be used at low loading levels to meet a wide range of conductive requirements, from anti-static to conductive....