Back fromthe brink
- European petrochemicals. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINA // Chemical Week;9/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 24, p21
This article presents an overview of the European petrochemical industry, which continues to face tough market conditions despite its improved efficiency and leanness after experiencing depression from 2008-2013. The demand growth has returned gradually, but rates are unspectacular compared with...
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2003 4th Quarter, p31
No abstract available.
- Concerns grow over recovery in the Euro economy. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;5/24/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 18, p13
The author reflects on concerns regarding the economic recovery in Europe. He cites the petroleum chemical producers' attempt to continue pushing higher prices of its products due to the possibility of the loosening of supply and demand balances. The author points out that the industry has...
- TROUBLED WORLD ECONOMY. Veit, Lawrence A. // Foreign Affairs;Apr1977, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p263
This article discusses signs of a slowdown in the economic recovery of major industrialized nations and the emergence of a new wave of political malaise in the late 1970s. The economic indicators can be read as part of a temporary loss of steam, but they may also augur a more fundamental...
- The Romanian banking sector restructuring and the economic recovery. HUIDUMAC PETRESCU, Cătălin Emilian; POP, Alina // Theoretical & Applied Economics;Autumn2015, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p207
The Romanian economy is highly dependent on the financing coming from the banking sector. The total net assets of the banking system accounted for approx. 60% of the GDP in 2013. The increasingly integrated financial markets have facilitated the foreign capital inflows and the expansion of the...
- The Role of Market-Implied Severity Modeling for Credit VaR. // Annals of Economics & Finance;Nov2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p337
No abstract available.
- "Jobless Recoveries" Not the Norm: Ferguson. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p2
Reports on the perspectives of Federal Reserve Board Governor Roger W. Ferguson regarding the jobless economic recoveries in the U.S. Result of shallowness of the recessions; Cause of sluggish job growth; Result of structural changes in the labor market.
- Caution reigns at APIC in Korea. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;5/25/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 21, p5
The article presents the author's comment on the Asian petrochemical and plastics prices, major concern at the Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference (APIC) in Seoul, South Korea. It is stated that high hopes are being rested on the region, and especially China, to lead the global economic...
- Into the future. Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p32
The article offers information about the financial crisis of East Asia in 1997. It is reported that the main countries affected were Indonesia, Thailand and South Korea. It is noted that Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and the Philippines were also hit by the depression. It is observed that after...