China capitalises on crisis
- Financial Crisis Impacts on Petrochemical Market Cycle. Shu Zhaoxia // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2009 Petrochemical Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 11A, p6
The article reports on the impact of the financial crises on the petrochemical industry worldwide. It relates that global financial crisis that began in 2008 signals the petrochemical sector will soon enter a market depression. It notes that as forecasted that the global economy will be weak for...
- Difficulties Are There. Feng Shiliang // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p12
The article reports on the economic condition of the petrochemical industry in China for 2009. According to the report of the China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Association, the economic situation of the industry was still hard in April due to the global financial crisis. It cites that...
- Warning on Asia. // Chemical Week;6/18/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 24, p34
Reports that Asian petrochemical capacity buildup will present a challenge to European companies in the form of supply and demand imbalance. Percentage increase per year of ethylene worlwide capacity between 1997 and 1999; Expected percentage drop in operating rates of paraxylene plant in the...
- Petchems blossom. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;7/23/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 28, p30
Reports on the shortage faced by Western Canada on commodity petrochemicals sector. How labor has become a lead-time item on the shortage face by Canada; Joint venture project between Nova and Union Carbide chemical companies; Specialty chemicals derivatives consider by Shell Chemicals Canada...
- Benzene and Styrene Markets Remain Steady Despite Rising Crude Prices. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/7/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the steadiness in the petroleum chemicals industries of benzene and styrene despite increase in prices of crude petroleum oil in the United States. Attribution of steadiness to war insurance; Illustrations for the petrochemical prices for September 2002.
- ExxonMobil Plans for the Long Term. Bewley, Lindsey // Chemical Week;4/13/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p38
The article focuses on the little long-term impact of the economic downturn on ExxonMobil Chemical, according to senior vice president T. J. Wojnar. Wojnar claims that the company has anticipated the financial crisis and planned for it, which made it well-prepared to remain in the downcycle for...
- Petrochemicals production in steep decline. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;4/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 16, p13
Looks at the decline of the petrochemicals production of the Mexican state oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) in 1997. Causes of the decline; Actions taken by a Mexican chemical industry association to help Pemex; Chemicals affected by the decline.
- Signs of life in Korean petchems. Kim, Hyung-Jin // Chemical Week;10/12/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 13, p28
Reports on the improvements seen for Korean petrochemical producers in the first half of 1994. Growth in total industry sales; Oversupply problems plaguing the Korean industry; Price hikes made in primary products; Gains posted in derivatives; Performance of exports and imports; Traders'...
- Asian crisis hits Korean companies... // Chemical Week;1/21/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p8
Reports effects of Asian economic crisis to Korean petrochemical industry. Percentage stake and number of assets plan to sell off by Hanwha group; Reason why Hanwha and other Korean petrochemical makers have had problems buying naphtha.