RAG moves fast after coal settlement
- High coal prices have investors interested. // Mining Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the interest of investors in acquiring coal holdings in the U.S. Factors which contribute to the interest of investors in coal holdings; Acquisition of the U.S. coal assets of RAG Coal International AG by an investment group led by Blackstone Group in May 2004; Purchase of the coal...
- Peapody Chases RAG. // Coal International;Noc/Dec2003, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p228
Reports on an initial agreement signed by publicly traded coal producer Peabody Energy Corp. with RAG Coal International AG to buy coal mines in Australia. Amount paid by Peabody for the mines; Annual coal production of the mines.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Coal International;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the tentative agreement reached by Peabody Energy Corp. with RAG Coal International AG to purchase coal assets and an interest in a coal operation in Venezuela. Capacity of both coal mines; Percentage of RAG interest in the Venezuela mine involved in the agreement.
- WORLD NEWS. // Coal Age;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p5
Presents news briefs on the coal mining industry, as of May 2003. Halt of the production of the Obed Mountain mine of Luscar Ltd.; Success of RAG Coal International AG to increase its profits for the year 2002; Revision of the mining industry restructuring program of Poland.
- TWO METER SHIELDS: From Vision to Reality. Bryja, James J.; Conklin, Douglas R.; Robinson, Robert L.; O'Neil, Keith // Coal Age;Aug2004, Vol. 109 Issue 8, Special Section p6
Focuses on the development of two-meter shields as the standard for mine longwalls. Initial concept for the first two-meter wide system by RAG Coal International; Design specifications for the shields; Overview of the evaluation of the prototype shields; Fabrication and quality control process;...
- $1 Billion Sale of Remaining RAG Operations in U.S. Set
to Close by Early Next Year. // Coal Age;Jul2004, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p4
Presents an update on the pending sale of U.S. mining operations of RAG Coal International AG to the Blackstone Group as of July 2004. Plan of the group to expand their holdings in the resurgent coal business; Background of RAG Coal; Total amount invested by Blackstone in its private equity...
- Luan and RAG Jointly Develop Coalbed Methane. // China Chemical Reporter;6/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that RAG Coal International AG has signed an agreement with Luan Mining Group Co. Ltd. and Shanxi Coke and Coal Group on the joint development of coalbed methane resources in Shanxi. According to the agreement, the development of coalbed methane resources in Luan mining area...
- TWO METER SHIELDS: From Vision to Reality. Bryja, James J.; Conklin, Douglas R.; Robinson, Robert L.; O'Neil, Keith // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Aug2004, Vol. 205 Issue 8, Special section p6
Reports on RAG Coal International's creation of the two-meter (2-m) shield for longwall systems used in mining through the cooperative efforts of American longwall miners and German longwall manufacturers. Installation of the first 2-m wide system at RAG Cumberland Resources; Design...
- Breaking News. // Coal Age;Jan2004, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the tentative agreement entered by Peabody Energy to purchase the Twentymile mine in Colorado and a stake in a surface coal mine in Venezuela from RAG Coal International. Effect of the sale on the production capacity of Peabody; Description of the Twentymile mine; Details of the...