MOL rebuffs OMV alliance
- OMV-Repsol talks continue. // Chemical Week;8/31/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p6
Reports negotiations between OMV and Repsol on cooperation deal for fine chemicals business of companies. Purpose of deal.
- Public-Private Partnerships Pay. Degraffenreidt Jr., James H. // American Gas;Jun2001, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the strategic alliances between Washington Gas, Smithsonian Institution and General Services Administration (GSA) in the United States. Commitment of Washington Gas; Expansion of water distribution system by GSA through the alliance project; Production of commercial cooling and...
- Business briefs. // American Gas;Sep98, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p12
Presents information on several companies in the gas industry in September 1998. Strategic alliance formed by Nicor Inc. and Dynegy Inc.; Anniversary being celebrated by East Ohio Gas; Marketing alliance formed between South Jersey Gas Co. and New Jersey Natural Gas Co.
- Gas agreement to boost cogen. // European Power News;Jul99, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
Reveals that gas companies from countries bordering the Baltic Sea and Norway have formed an alliance to promote the gas industry in Northern Europe.
- COMPETITIVE ALLIANCES: FORGING TIES ABROAD. Revesz, Therese R.; de De La Sierra, Mimi Cauley // Management Review;Mar87, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on techniques for businesses in the United States in establishing competitive strategic alliances with foreign partners. Explanation of the need for forming such alliances; Recognition of the management challenges of competitive alliances.
- Austria market 'uncompetitive' says watchdog. // Utility Week;12/15/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p11
The article reports on the lack of genuine competition in the energy market of Austria due to the manipulation of the power sector by regional incumbents and the dominance of Econgas according to an annual survey conducted by competition authority BWB. Several factors that affect liberalisation...
- OMV/MOL: protectionist threat raised. // MarketWatch: Energy;Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that MOL Inc. has objected to a potential acquisition by Austria's OMV. The firm has been relying upon the protectionist support of Hungary's socialist-led government. The measure, which is against the spirit of European Union energy liberalization, may backfire on MOL in the...
- MOL rebuffs OMV alliance. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the decision of Hungary's MOL to reject an offer from Austrian energy firm OMV to discuss creating a strategic partnership. According to a spokesman for the oil, gas and petrochemical group, MOL will continue its own strategy and does not wish to conduct talks on a...
- Borealis Takes Over Melamine Producer. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 1, p13
The article deals with the plan of OMV and International Petroleum Investment Co. to incorporate their Agrolinz Melamine International (AMI) joint venture (jv) into Borealis, another OMV-IPIC jv. According to AMI, it is Europe's biggest producer of melamine, and the world's second-biggest...