LSB mulls raising Greek PET stake
- La Seda Breaks Ground on Portuguese PTA Plant. // Chemical Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 10, p29
The article reports on the move of La Seda de Barcelona to construct a previously announced project to build a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant at Sines, Portugal. The plant is due to be completed at the end of 2009 with commercial production scheduled to start in the first quarter of...
- La Seda Increases Share Capital to Finance Growth. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;6/25/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 17, p13
The article states polyethylene terephthalate bottle resin and packaging firm La Seda de Barcelona is increasing its share capital and issuing 40 million new ordinary shares following the approval of shareholders in May 2012 and mentions it will use the funds to improve its financial structure.
- Inquitex to up plant capacity. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p26
Focuses on an investment in polyethylene terephthalate capacity by Spain's La Seda de Barcelona as of March 2, 2003. Description of the project; Cost.
- LSB may buy two sites. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p8
The article reports that Spanish firm La Seda de Barcelona is interested in buying Eastman Chemical's European purified terephthalic acid and polyethylene terephthalate production assets in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and Workington, Great Britain. In February 2007, La Seda Barcelona had offered...
- La Seda Builds Big PTA Plant in Portugalâ€¦. // Chemical Week;8/29/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 28, p17
The article reports that La Seda de Barcelona's subsidiary Artenius Sines in Sines, Portugal will build a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in Sines by the first quarter of 2010. The company has awarded a contract to Aker Kvaerner to provide engineering, procurement, and construction...
- Aker Kvaerner Confirms PTA Plant Contract in Portugal. // Chemical Week;9/19/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 30, p19
The article reports that Aker Kvaerner has confirmed that it has been awarded a contract by Artenius, a subsidiary of La Seda de Barcelona to build a purified terephthalic acid plant at Sines, Portugal. The Â£20 million ($40.3 million) contract covers engineering and procurement services as...
- LSB in talks to buy Interquisa. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on the negotiation between La Seda de Barcelona (LSB) and CEPSA over the possible acquisition of the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producer Interquisa. LSB is also looking for Amcor's polyethylene terephthalate (PET) packaging business. The board of LSB has announced plans...
- NEWS BRIEFING. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Unipetrol AS reduced the production of ethylene at its Litvinov steam cracker, due to technical problems. La Seda de Barcelona SA (LSB) agreed to sell its Portugal-based polyethylene terephtha-late (PET) production plant to...
- La Seda to restructure. // Chemical Week;1/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p6
Reports on La Seda de Barcelona's plan to restructure into three subsidiaries, namely Catalana de Polymers, Viscoseda and Poliseda. La Seda's direct control of the ethylene glycol plant acquired from Shell in 1996.