Arkema shuts tin line
- European Overcapacity is a Myth. Lewis, Anthony // Automotive Industries;Jun2002, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p12
Assesses different factors that contributed to automobile plant closures in Europe as of June 2002. Evaluation of the quality of automobile produced by car makers; Business losses sustained by several companies; Comparison on car production and sales from 1995 to 2001; Discussion on the...
- Arkema Brings New Coating Resins Plant Online. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the start of specialty chemicals company Arkema's 60,000 MTY emulsion polymers facility on its Changsu, China platform which will serve customers in the Asia-Pacific region with a full line of waterborne emulsion polymers for coatings and adhesives applications.
- Jaguar fights for its survival. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;9/20/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the decision of Jaguar to end its automobile production at Browns Lane factory in Coventry, England. Reasons behind the decision; Profit losses of the company for the second quarter of 2004; Impact of the closure on the automobile production of the company.
- Dan River Closes 2 Plants as Losses Mount. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/12/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 100, p12
Dan River Inc. is planning to close its apparel fabrics weaving facility in Sevierville, Tennessee and its home fashions distribution center in Juliette, Georgia. The company has also reported a net loss of $103.5 million in its operations for the third quarter of 2003.
- Bridgestone mulls closing U.S. plant. // Automotive News;5/8/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6201, p36F
The article reports on Bridgestone Corp. lowering its half-year net profit forecast by 9 percentage to account for the possible shutdown of a plant in Oklahoma City. Operating profit projection, however, were raised by Bridgestone, citing a weaker than expected yen. A total extraordinary loss of...
- Year highlighted by factory expansions. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;12/31/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p29
Reports on several factory expansions in the manufacturing industry in Puerto Rico in 1998. Capital invested by IPR Pharmaceuticals Inc. for the expansion of its Guayama facility; Several plant shutdowns in Puerto Rico; Plant expansions of electronics companies.
- Saturn halts Ion, L series. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;3/3/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6027, p43
Presents several briefs on developments in the U.S. relating to activities at various production facilities being operated by various automobile manufacturers. Halt in production line at Saturn plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee due to slow sales of the Saturn Ion; Stoppage of Wilmington,...
- Another NAFTA victim? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/17/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p33
Cites the closure of the Chesapeake Display and Packaging assembly plant near Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania by the middle of 2001.
- Sept. output rises 13%. Domby, Debi // Automotive News;10/11/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6433, p69
The article presents information on car and truck production in North America, including two charts on scheduled plant overtime for the week ending October 16, 2010, and plant closings, respectively.