TPC to propose a last-minute offer for Vietnam's PMPC
- TPC to propose a last-minute offer for Vietnam's PMPC. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that polyvinyl chloride (PVC) maker Thai Plastic and Chemicals (TPC) is trying to scrap a bid from Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) for Vietnam's Phu My Plastics and Chemicals (PMPC) with a last-minute offer of its own. Report says that TPC is bidding for a 43%...
- Alcan rejects bid from Aloca. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;5/28/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the disapproval on the bid of Alcoa Inc. to Montreal, Quebec-based Alcan Inc. It is stated that Alcan has announced on May 22, 2007 to its board of directors the recommendation to reject the unsolicited bid of Alcoa, and call the takeover offer as inadequate in multiple...
- Tenders on meed.com this week. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/23/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 51, p4
The article presents information on various tenders published on the website meed.com as of December 23, 2011, which includes Electro-mechanical equipment Supply in Egypt, Antimony acetate supply in Iran, and electrical transformer stations construction in Kuwait.
- Transantiago. // Latin Trade (English);May2004, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the plans for the Transantiago project in Chile. Acceptance of bids for the expansion by the Chilean Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications; Cost of the project; Objective of the project.
- Two developments seek bidders in Uruguay. // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the launch of an international tender for the selection of a company to renovate and operate Hotel Casino Carrasco by government authorities in the Montevideo, Uruguay. The winning company will be given a 30-year operator's license for the property under the terms of the...
- Report: Jets set stadium bid at $720M. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 13, p8A
The article reports on the offer of New York Jets team 270 million dollars for rights to build a stadium in West Side, New York City. The football team formed an alliance with six real estate developers to augment their bid. Cablevision Systems countered the bids of the football team for its...
- VIRGINIA 3/28. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/20/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p58
The article reports that Prince William County, Virginia's Central Purchasing Department has invited bids for a County Complex Court in addition to the Adult Regional Detention Center located at Manassas, Virginia. The project includes a five-story building with a 200-cell expansion.
- Tenders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/17/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p76
The article offers information on bids and tender offers in the Middle East as of February 17, 2006. Consortiums of national and international companies are invited to bid for the third mobile phone operator license of a mobile network operator in Egypt. A tender for the construction of a...
- offer and acceptance. Stim, Richard // Contracts: The Essential Business Desk Reference;2010, p327
A definition of the term "offer and acceptance" is presented. Offers are not indefinite, are judged objectively, and should include the essential elements of the contract. An advertisement is not considered an offer, except in some cases, such as an advertisement for bounty hunters. Meanwhile,...