PET advances give China bottle
- Industry wins one in LA County, but still faces more ban battles. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;1/28/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p3
The article offers information regarding the opposition faced by plastic bag makers of Los Angeles, California. It states that the industry has got some respite from the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors' decision of setting voluntary reduction goals than banning plastic supermarket...
- A cultural change in time. Athalye, A. S. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jul2012, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p18
The author focuses on changes and developments in the plastics industry. One such development is the introduction of five-gallon polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles which serve as an alternative to glass, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polycarbonate containers manufactured by large...
- Gallon Heat-Set PET Bottle Squares Off. // Plastics Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p21
Reports on the development of a polyethylene terephthalate heat-set bottle for Gatorade's Thirst Quencher from Owens-Illinois (O-I) in September 2003. Efforts done by O-I in developing the bottle; Other features of the bottle.
- PET recycling rate up, but questions loom. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;12/8/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p4
The article reports that the reduction in the number of bales of mixed plastics being bought by China is affecting U.S. markets. It mentions that U.S. plastics recycling markets are waiting for China to resume the frenzied buying pattern it put on hold since October 2008. According to the 2007...
- Steady Growth for Plastic Bottles. Wood, Bill // Plastics Technology;May2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p101
The discusses trends in the plastic bottles industry. The largest segment in the industry is polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles which are used primarily for carbonated soft drinks and single-serve bottled water. While the number of bottles used for household chemicals has gradually...
- PET bottles help drive growth in Mexico. Buchanan, Ronald // Plastics News;07/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p31
Reports on the role of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles in the growth of the plastics industry in Mexico. Percent growth; Contributing factors; Reaction of PET users to advertisement showing the dangers of using PET.
- PTI to sell control devices, is working on foamed bottle. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;8/4/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p17
Holland, Ohio-based package design and testing firm Plastic Technologies Inc. (PTI) is opening up its laboratories by seeking to commercialize quality-control devices and software it initially developed for in-house use. The firm also is working on a foamed PET bottle that it said keeps...
- PET Processing Enhancements Highlights Packaging Conference. Knights, Mikell // Plastics Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p44
Highlights the Nova-Pack Americas 2000 Conference on polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle making held in Orlando, Florida. Process of coating a PET bottle according to DuPont Polyester; Factors that can be included in the first or second coating layer; Advantage of DuPont's barrier coating.
- THE EXCITING WORLD OF PET. // Plastics News;9/29/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p16
The article focuses on the business planning of PET bottle manufacturer Sidel for 2003.