Women, Financial Planning, and Mission-Critical Skills
- WOMEN BUSINESS OWNERS OPTIMISTIC. Nelson, Tom // Orange County Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27
Discusses the results of a survey of members of the U.S.-based National Association of Women Business Owners conducted by Principal Financial Group. Optimism of women business owners regarding their business prospects.
- German women create their jobs by starting their own businesses. Sacirbey, Omar // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/98, Vol. 90 Issue 74, p7
Comments on the popularity of entrepreneurship among women in Germany, particularly women from the former east Germany. Number of businesses in Germany that are owned by women; How the unification of Germany left many women jobless; The attitude that women have about working.
- Assistance is offered to women business owners. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Spring98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the Women's Business Development Center (WBDC), a Chicago, Illinois-based not-for-profit women's business assistance organization. Workshops offered by WBDC; Services offered by WBDC; Its goals.
- Women's Business Development Center: A one-stop resource... // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Spring98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the Women's Business Development Center (WBDC), a Chicago, Illinois-based not-for-profit organization that provides assistance to women-owned enterprises. Services it offers; Background information on WBDC; Programs created by WBDC.
- Incubator for women-owned businesses would be a first. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/27/94, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p1A
Reports on the Network of Women in Business' consideration of creating an incubator for businesses owned by women in Indianapolis, Indiana. Launching of studies on the concept; Assistance to fledgling companies; Target tenants.
- Study: Women entrepreneurs make gains. // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p29
Reports on an increase in the number of Indianapolis, Indiana, firms owned by women entrepreneurs since 1992.
- Largest Indianapolis-area woman-owned businesses. Cullather; Ritchie, Sarah // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p29
Lists the largest woman-owned businesses in and around Indianapolis, Indiana. Rankings based on number of full time local employees; Revenue in 1998; Type of business; Owners.
- Women-owned businesses. Snetzko, Laura A. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p8
Lists women-owned business enterprises in Westchester County, New York. Name and address of firms; Name of majority owners and percentage of ownership; Number of full-time and part-time employees; Type of business; Name of top local executive.
- THE THREES HAVE IT. // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the role of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA) in helping business women thrive in the economy in 2003. Details of the ABWA meeting in Kansas City, Missouri in January 2003; Focus of the association in 2003.
- Women-owned businesses--what a concept! Gold, Nancy Dana // Westchester County Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 23, pS2
Reports on the Westchester Association of Women Business Owners' (WAWBO) celebration of its 25th anniversary. History of the organization; 'Enterprising women: 250 years of American Business,' exhibition which traces the history of female entrepreneurship in the United States; Evolution of...