Why Bother Planning for Retirement?…
- IRAs now nation's top source of private retirement assets. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the increase of individual retirement account (IRA) in the U.S. Asset of IRA; Investment contributed to the private sector defined benefit assets; Factors leading to the growth of IRA.
- Retirement Resolutions: Building Retirement Security. SALKA, ALISON F. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;2013, Issue 4, p65
The author discusses the growth in the use of retirement planning, the assets of Americans in retirement accounts, and the role of the retirement industry in managing people's assets.
- Earning a million is no game. MATTHEWS, JOSEPH // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/4/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 31, p11
The article reports on the increasing number of millionaires in Connecticut as of 2013. Topics discussed include 100,754 millionaire residents registered in 2013, up from 99,325 in 2012, the state's third-ranking in the U.S. in millionaires per-capita, and these millionaires' investable wealth...
- IRA Investors Hungry for Alternative Investments, Survey Finds. Correia, Margarida // Financial Planning;May2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
The article discusses the results of a study from Pensco which reveals the interest investors have in allocating a part of their Individual Retirement Arrangement (IRAs) toward alternative assets but have no specific idea on how to do so.
- What Are Millionaires' Most Pressing Concerns? // Spectrem High Net Worth Advisor Insights;Mar2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the affluent household survey conducted by Spectrem Group which reveals the financial concerns among millionaires in the U.S. About 29 percent of respondents with a net worth of more than 1 million dollars consider retirement savings as their most pressing issue, while 28...
- A LESS TAXING BITE ON SMALL BUSINESS. McCrea, Bridget; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p38
Presents several strategies which small business owners can employ to ease tax burden. Retirement account for employees and the employer; Significance of a special depreciation allowance; Healthcare costs for a given year. INSET: Tax Resources for Small Businesses.
- Lessons from the Tax Court: Medical exception for IRAs. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p7
The article presents case study on medical exception for individual retirement account (IRAs) citing a 47-year-old taxpayer, who was employed at a hospital in Maine, mentions the use of IRA distribution to pay for her son's medical expenses and penalty paid by her for same.
- CORRECTIONS/CLARIFICATIONS. // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p4
Corrections to articles published in the November 12, 2007 issue are presented including one regarding the incorrect bill number for the Automatic IRA Act, another on the misstatement of stake value of Legg Mason Inc., and on the global business regions of Northern Trust Corp.
- IRA Assets Continue Strong Growth. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;1/1/2008, p15
The article reports on the increase in individual retirement accounts (IRA) assets in the U.S. In 2006, IRA increased by 16.5 percent. CUNA estimates that 9 percent of credit union savings assets were held in IRA in October 2007. According to a study, the growth in IRA assets occurred mostly in...