- The Baby Boomer Retirement Boom: A Niche Opportunity. Anderson, Tom // Maine Community Banker;2008 Banking Solutions, p12
The article focuses on the retiring baby boomers. It states that with a rate of nearly 10,000 baby boomers retiring per day, the baby boomers can become a niche market for the banking community. It suggests that banks and other financial institutions should embrace this trend toward alternative...
- WHEN IT'S TIME TO CASH IN. Stern, Linda // Newsweek;9/12/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 11, p82
Offers tips on retirement for baby boomers. Benefits of using financial services companies; How to make the most of a rollover IRA; Tips on making money last longer Annuities; Internet resources.
- Roth IRA Conversions Surge. Gutierrez, Carl // American Banker;5/10/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 71, p7
This article reports that conversions to Roth individual retirement accounts (IRAs) has increased dramatically. Baby boomers and the Great Recession have caused a sharp increase in such conversions in the first quarter of 2010.
- What baby boomers need to know about RMDs: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;1/20/2017, p1
IRA investors who turn 70 before June 30 have a little more than a year to make their first withdrawal.
- Is The Industry At The Center Or The Edge of Retirement Planning? Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/2/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the retirement planning business of the financial services industry in theU.S. Qualified retirement plans of baby boomer generation; Inclusion of annuity in retirement package.
- To maximize retirement benefits, know the rules. Miller, Mark // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;1/23/2012, p1
The article offers tips for maximizing retirement benefits for baby boomers.
- Boomers: Underprepared and Overconfident. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;Aug2006, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on a survey on the lack of preparation of baby boomers for their future retirement, conducted by McKinsey & Co. More than 3,000 middle-income-to-affluent consumers ages 40 to 75 responded to the survey. It was found that consumers are increasingly anxious about their...
- Hey! The Boomers R Us! Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/26/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the increasing demand of baby boomers for financial products for retirement. Statistics on the baby boomer generation; Measures taken by baby boomers; Suggestions for insurers.
- Managing Retirement Income And IRA Assets For Baby Boomers. Berg, Brett W. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/27/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 43, p8
Focuses on the ways to manage retirement income and individual retirement account for baby boomers. Age bracket to begin baby boomers; Existence of a substantial market opportunity; Importance of accumulation on the first half of the retirement income process.