- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/26/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the issuance of a call for bids for the construction of two hydroelectric dams in Iran. Mahab Qods Consulting Engineer's issuance of tenders in January 1999; Number of companies that submitted tender documents.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/30/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p14
Presents news items on the economy in Jordan as of October 30, 1998. Deal of Prime Minister Fayez Tarawneh with the International Monetary Fund; Plans of the Water & Irrigation Ministry; List of bidders with their prices for the construction of the Wala, Mujib and Tannur dams.
- Project attracts bargain bid again. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/9/96, Vol. 237 Issue 11, p10
Discusses bargain bids for the Eastside Reservoir Project in California. Below-estimate bids offered by contractors; Raytheon Engineers & Constructors' bidding estimate; Dam description.
- BUDGET-BUSTING BIDS HALT AWARD. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/16/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p23
Reports on the postponement of the bidding for the concrete Olivenhaim Dam, a cornerstone of the Emergency Storage Project of the San Diego County Water Authority in California. Reason for the delay in the bidding; Estimated cost of the project; Lowest bid submitted by the Kiewit Pacific Co.
- JORDAN. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/5/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p26
Lists contracting firms that have purchased pre-qualification documents for the Wihdeh dam project in Jordan. Dam's goal of storing water from the Yarmouk River; International contractors' collaboration with Syrian and local contractors on the project.
- Letters to the editor. Wilie, Mike; Woodard, Don // Fort Worth Business Press;12/4/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p39
Several letters to the editor are presented related to business in Texas, including the contract let by the Trinity River Vision Authority and the construction of a dam on the Hill Country ranch of Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong.
- Contractor's Low-Ball Bid On Federal Dam Not Fraud. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/31/2005, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p19
The article cites a ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia. The court has ruled that the fact that a contractor substantially underbid its competitors on a federal dam project and later collected for changed conditions is not fraud under the federal False Claims Act...
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p24
Reports on the invitation released by Turkey's Energy & Natural Resources Ministry and the State Hydraulic Works for bids on a build-operate-transfer basis for 44 dams and hydroelectric power plants.
- JORDAN. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;04/21/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p30
Announces the invitation extended by Jordanian Public Works & Housing Ministry to international contractors to prequalify for the Wihdeh dam project by May 2, 2000. Companies expected to apply; Estimated cost of the dam; Source of funding for the project.