- Expedition Essentials. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p78
Presents tips for adventurers on planning for expeditions.
- TRAIL TOWN: Ely, MN. Wood, C. // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p35
Presents information on adventure destinations in Ely, Minnesota.
- EPICENTER. // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p35
Presents information on several adventure destinations in Big River, California.
- Get Ready for Adventure. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2008, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p36
The article offers tips for adventurers on preparing for their trips. INSET: The Workouts..
- A Simple Plan. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Oct2005, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p34
Presents the author's suggestions on how to plan in advance for a high-adventure outing.
- A LETTER FROM A SUBSCRIBER. Wild, Di // Iceland Review;Winter2009, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of spending a weekend trip to Iceland in October 2009.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Fry, Carolyn // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2001, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p4
Introduces several articles about adventures and its dangers.
- JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Aug2005, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p24
Relates the experiences of the Troop 890 members from Dallas, Texas, who made the trek all the way to Montana in 2004 to take part in the celebration of Lewis and Clark's famous expedition.
- Around Greenland by kayak and dog team. Hoelscher, John // Australian Geographic;Oct-Dec2002, Issue 68, p24
Describes a journey around Greenland. Distance traveled by the expedition team; Challenges experienced along the way; Duration of the journey.