Vendor Surrounded and Outgunned
- MarketCapsule: VENDING PRICES MOVING UP. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Compares the prices of vending products between the year 1998 and 1999 in the United States. Price increase in beverages and snacks; Percentage of vending sales in non-commercial outlets; Total vending sales in colleges.
- In college vending: `Special contracts' shift operating, sales balance. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p212
Reports on the vending operations at college campuses in the United States. Impact of campuswide foodservice contract on vending operations; Advantage of being a self-operating foodservice; Effect of debit cards on the purchasing power of students.
- Finding today's balance for `healthier' business. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p170
Focuses on availability of health foods in vending machine at college campuses in the United States. Comments of Andy Costanzo, chef at Roger williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island, on students' food preferences; Popularity of ice cream products; Lowfat vended items at the University of...
- College Munchie Mania. // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p69
Presents the snack foods offered by colleges and universities in the United States. Offer of flavored bagel chips as free bar snacks at Connecticut College; Flavors of the chicken fingers served by Holy Cross College; Availability of a wide variety of pizza at the North Dakota State University.
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- HOW TO MEASURE, MANAGE & MAXIMIZE: THE PROFITABILITY MIX. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p75
Argues that brand drive the product mix in vending. Information on the right product combinations; Categories of snack machines.
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p14
Takes a look at the different snacks offered in office vending machines.
- Top-movers on campus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the popularity of paninis or deli sandwiches in colleges and universities in the U.S. as of August 2002. Options of sandwiches offered at Columbia University in New York City; Basic sandwiches and wraps offered daily at the International Cafe in Pennsylvania College of Technology;...
- Computer Maps Campus Eating Trends: UCal/Irvine customizes vending to match customers. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p40
Reveals that the University of California at Irvine is revamping its food vending program by using demographic information to match offerings closely to customers. Details on the plan; Explanations from Alan Moloney, food service director at the university; Specifications being considered by...