Vending's Center Stage
- STREET FOOD VENDORS. Tlapa, Ciji A.; Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Restaurant, Food & Beverage Market Research Handbook;2010, p215
The article offers information on the street food vendors in the U.S. It mentions that street food is another dining option which food items are served in food carts, mobile food trucks and food kiosks. It states that in New York City alone, there are more than 3,000 food charts found New York...
- The FM Ideas Conference: Turning Retail Strategies into Action. Lawn, John // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the plan of the journal "Food Management" to discuss retail strategies in its first annual IDEAS Conference scheduled on May 18-20, 2005 in Chicago, Illinois. Implication of retail strategies for the industry; Activities of the conference; Contact information.
- Preface by the section editor. Tiziana#Margaria // International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer;May2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p266
This special section is devoted to some of the novel approaches to hardware-like system verification that are currently being used in industry or the object of fielded research. The topics presented in this special section are based on a selection of the papers which appeared originally in the...
- Spring has sprung at Chicago area restaurants. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;05/22/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p258
Reports on the welcome for spring diners by sidewalk cafes in Chicago, Illinois. Advantage of the outdoor seating for Rosebud Italian restaurants; Opportunity for people watching at Cafe Luciano; Compensation of city restaurateurs for the lack of outdoor space.
- Institutional malnutrition. Bender, A.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/14/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6411, p92
Discusses the concern for the management of food service in hospitals. Assessment on the nutritional need of patients; Role of doctors in securing the dietary condition of patients; Recommendations on the improvement of the facilities.
- retailer tidbits. // Convenience Store News;May2012, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p12
The article offers news briefs related to the retail industry as of May 21, 2012 on topics including rebranding, launch of Japan's convenience store chain in the U.S. and reductions in the growth of foodservice business.
- Revenue Increased for Most B&I Operators Last Year. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p34
Statistics are presented related to foodservice business and industry operators in the U.S. as of September 2013 including the average daily meals, forecasted menu offerings, and offered dinner or late-night services.
- Street vendors profit at neighborhood malls. Martin // Las Vegas Business Press;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p11
Reports on developments in the retail industry of Las Vegas, Nevada, as of September 20, 1999. Includes the success of cart retailing in Las Vegas; Opening of a store by Zany Brainy at Pavilion South; Desert Passage shopping center's advertising agency; Opening of a Barnes & Noble Inc.'s store...
- High Point OKs street food sales at market. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;8/19/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p6
Reports that the High Point City Council is giving outdoor food vendors an opportunity to sell their wares on two downtown streets during the April and October markets of 2002. Key stipulations of the ordinance promulgated by the council; Implications on retail trade.