- Food Safety Summit Ends on High Note. // Dairy Foods;Jun2009, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p15
Information about several topics discussed at the 11th annual Food Safety Summit presented by the BNP Media is presented. The topics include interactive workshops, general sessions, and keynote presentations from the National Restaurant Association, Jack in the Boxb and the Food and Drugs...
- The 41 degree substandard? Bielski, Lauren // Restaurant Business;06/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the National Restaurant Association's concern about the restaurant industry's readiness for the US Food & Drug Administration code requiring food to be cooled to 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below before putting it on the grill or getting it garnished. Problems with the refrigeration...
- Flash Mob Fights Fat. // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2011, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Restaurant Association (NRA) to make the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) final rule on calorie counts be more real-world friendly while allowing time extension for dining establishments to implement the said policy.
- What's (really) on the menu? Hughes, Paul // Entrepreneur;Feb1994, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p174
Reports on the effect of the Food and Drug Administration's Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 on restaurants. Protests made by the National Restaurant Association; Regulations on nutritional claims.
- NRA Ed. Foundation, FDA win Hammer Award. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p65
Reports on the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association and the US Food and Drug Administration's State Training Branch's receipt of American Vice President Al Gore's Hammer Award for 1996. Thrust of the award.
- Industry balks at FDA HACCP plan. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the National Restaurant Association's criticism on the United States Food & Drug Administration's plan for a pilot program aimed at determining how Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points food safety techniques can be applied in the food service industry.
- NEW ANTITERRORISM GUIDANCE: FDA calls on foodservice to beef up security measures. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued guidance urging food service establishments and other food industry segments to implement security measures to guard against a terrorist attack on the nation's food supply. Recommendations of the FDA guidelines; Opinion of the...
- Tools enable labeling compliance. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/26/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p14
The article offers information on several companies including Silliker Inc., the company Healthy Dining and a software program MenuCalc from FoodCALC LLC which provide nutrition analysis services for the restaurant members of the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as per the new federal...
- Mad cow disease not bloody likely in U.S. meat products. Woodard, Sara // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p31
Reports the efforts to prevent the spread of diseases in meat products in the United States. Implementation of food safety programs of United States Department of Agriculture; Inspection of livestock feed manufacture facilities by the Food and Drug Administration; Participation of the National...