Yummy deli for patients now a staff request
- Dealing for Health. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p24
The article profiles The Shoreline Cafeteria at Regional Medical Center at Bayonet Point in Hudson, Florida. During the past two years until 2008, the profile of the cafeteria menu has changed substantially for the better. According to Joyce Hagen-Flint, director of food and nutrition services,...
- Rethinking Hospital Foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p28
Focuses on the excellent hospital food service expertise provided by Ron Rech, director of food and nutrition services at the Resurrection Medical Center and Holy Family Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. Development of innovative patient and cafeteria service; Use of the hospitals' Intranet...
- $30K MONTHLY: Wash. hosp cafe provides 'get-away' feel, turns profit. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Features the Stanzas, a retail cafe at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, Washington. Comparison with The Atrium, the hospital's discounted cafeteria; Food served at the cafe; Numbers of customers; Goal for the establishment of the cafe.
- Visionary Leader. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p40
The article features Nancy Geffre, director of nutrition and foodservices at Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Geffre established a partnership with the leadership team of the hospital and Hot Stuff Foods to operate the Dakota Food Court. She also suggested having a...
- Brands boost sales in Cleveland hospital. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the increase in sales and customer counts at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio since the implementation of the food brand concepts Bonici Brothers pizza and Orville & Wilbur chicken in its main cafeteria as of July 2004. Percentage increase in the sales and customer...
- Grabbing a bigger share. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the increase in the retail food sales of Vassar Brothers Medical Center by expanding its menu options, developing popular grab-and-go assortment and increasing hours of operation as of July 2004. Sales forecast of Steve McKenna, director of hotel services for the center, by the end...
- Breakfast Sales Double: L.A. hospital completes $750,000 f/s overhaul. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Deals with the renovation undergone by the employee cafeteria at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Estimated value of the renovation; Comments from cafeteria officials; List of the cafeteria's breakfast stations; Promotional programs of the cafeteria.
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.