Don't Call it a Cafeteria
- Small but Flavorful. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on serving small portion servings in foodservice settings in the U.S. It reports that the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas serves three to four-ounce servings of proteins which is appropriate amount for patients according to its Foodservice Director, Mary Spicer....
- New cafe takes root. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the opening of the Harvest Cafe at Forest Hills Hospital in New York City in February 2005. Advantages of the cafe for the hospital; Dishes offered by the cafe; Efforts of the cafe to provide healthy food choices.
- Let's Do Chinese. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the production of cook-chill batches of Chinese specialties by the New York University downtown hospital in New York City. Number of authentic lunches for an adult day care center; List of special menus; Insights on central production.
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- SPICE WORLD. Covrett, Donna // Cincinnati Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p98
The article presents information about dishes on the menu of various restaurants in Cincinnati, Ohio. Pad Thai is one of the national dishes of Thailand. The ingredients of the dish include noodles, green onions, ground peanuts, lime, chai po and pickled turnips. Ceviche mixto is a Preuvian...
- The Culture Club. // FoodService Director;11/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p39
A chart is presented that lists the percentage of meals served in a restaurant-style dining room and statistics are given regarding the percentages that represent those operators who agree with cuisine diversification, creative dishes and flexible meal plan.
- Publisher's Message. von Rabenau, Daniel // Chef Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p6
In this article, the author focuses on several culinary movements in 2014 and mentions topics including trends followed by restaurants and chefs, career with culinary arts, and several products for the food service market.
- Pursuing flavorful cuts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the restaurant-quality beef menu offered by food establishments at hospitals in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Highlights of the Certified Angus Beef program of Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas; Beef items offered by St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlemen,...