Reinventing the 'Wheels.'
- RESEARCH INTO PRACTICE. Wingham, Gaynor // Community Care;4/4/2002, Issue 1416, p41
Focuses on a research in northern England that investigates the links between services for older people and disabled people. Number of representatives for voluntary organizations who were interviewed; Cultural identification of age; Relevance of the study to social workers.
- CICOA. // Indiana Lawyer;12/2/2015 Supplement Giving Guide, p26
The article profiles social services organization CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions, which empowers older adults to achieve dignity, independence, and quality of life, along with top funding sources and president and chief executive officer (CEO) Orion H. Bell IV. Topics discussed include the...
- SOCIAL CARE NEEDS SPACE TO FLOURISH. Jones, Ray // Community Care;8/25/2005, Issue 1587, p18
Comments on the initiatives of the British government in integrating adult social care to the National Health Service. Relationship of social care with health programs of the government; Working partnership of social care and social work with disabled and older people; Reason for the need of...
- Evaluations ease school-work transition. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/18/95, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p32
Describes the transition from school to the workforce or college as a challenge for young people especially those that are disabled. Comment of John Saal, Mill Neck Services for Deaf Adults; Requirements of MYS education; Other relevant details.
- The Jeddah Institute for Speech and Hearing. Panagiotopoulos, Canela // ASHA Leader;9/25/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p11
Provides information on the Jeddah Institute for Speech and Hearing in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Objectives of the institution; Overview of its founding history; Achievements.
- MNS aids deaf adults in workplace. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/11/95, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p46
Reports on Mill Neck Services for Deaf Adults' (MNS) efforts in helping deaf employees adapt to the workplace. Disapproval of employers' perceptions that deaf employees will not fit in company; Background on founding of the MNS; Corporate and private support of MNS' projects; Placement...
- New Disability Organization. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Dec98, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p848
Presents information on the New Horizons Un-Limited, a non-profit organization. Services offered for people with disabilities; Contact information.
- PHOENIX, ARIZONA, VOTED MOST ACCESSIBLE CITY. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Apr2004, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p247
Reports on the national recognition won by the city of Phoenix, Arizona at the third annual Accessible America Contest presented by the National Organization on Disability in 2004. Percentage of Arizona residents who are disabled; City programs designed to support the needs of the disabled.
- Morocco's friendly association. Essaafi, Nejla // World Health;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the support for establishing public and social services for the handicapped in Morocco by the L'Amicale marocaine des Handicapes (AMH). Integration of disabled people as the AMH's main objective; Promotion of positive image for the disabled; Events sponsored by AMH to benefit the...