STEAL THIS IDEA
- Start With Employee Motivation: How to take the sting out of `bad' service. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p154
Focuses on the importance of providing excellent customer service in the food service industry. Impact of complacency on customer service; How to motivate employees to exert effort in delivering excellent customer service; Why employees enjoy their work.
- Foodservice 101: The Basics. // Convenience Store News;Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p49
The article presents suggestions for food service operators on how to select prospective employees. It is said that strong character is one of the most important quality to look for in prospective foodservice employees. It is said that being food-oriented or have previous foodservice experience...
- Foodservice 201: Intermediate Insights. // Convenience Store News;Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p52
The article presents information on attracting and hiring good employees in a food service operation. It is said that dedicated employees are important for ensuring program integrity, adherence to all food safety standards, launch of new products, and to serve customers appropriately and with...
- Customers deli up to meet dietary needs. Soref, Anna // Natural Foods Merchandiser;May2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the efforts of delicatessens to meet changing customer needs in the U.S. Result of increasing demand for healthy food; Importance of meeting the needs of customers with special dietary needs; Estimation of the number of strict vegetarians in the country; Expectation of favorable...
- PAYING ATTENTION TO GOOD (AND BAD) SERVICE. Strong, Andrea // Restaurant Business;Oct2008, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses how complacent staff can be motivated to deliver better service in the food service industry in the U.S. It relates the solution presented by Michael Hojlo of Metrazur wherein he assigned his staff the task of dining out and writing a review of their experience. It claims...
- Do you really care? Grindlay, Andrew // Business Quarterly;Autumn93, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the relationship between profitability and caring about customers and employees in a business. The Body Shop Canada president Margot Franssen's approach to business; Tips from Donald Cooper, president of Alive & Well, on getting good customers and staff.
- Keeping staff motivated is the key to happy customers. Lebeouf, Philippe // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/2/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4621, p16
In this article the author discusses the importance of motivation of the staff in providing customer service amid the economic downturn.
- The 'Secret' of Customer Service Motivation. Mowatt, Jeff // Canadian Funeral News;Jan2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p33
The article discusses the importance of giving employees motivational actions to break the vicious cycle of poor customer services.
- CHAPTER ONE: FOUNDATION OF SUCCESS. Fullen, Sharon // Food Service Professionals Guide to Controlling Restaurant & Foo;2003, p9
Chapter One of the book "Controlling Restaurant and Food Service Labor Costs: 365 Secrets Revealed" by Sharon Fullen is presented. It offers suggestions related to customer service in food establishments which include enhancing employee motivation, organizing workers' training and implementing...